two licences: Pro and Elements

Optimist: “when a 2-computer license is possible and working, the forum will be positively sparkling with kudos and thanks for the option”

Realist: “when a 2-computer license is possible and working, the forum will be full of complaints from people who were using the old system just fine, but the new system has locked them out of all their Steinberg products for some reason”

Note the Dilbert cartoonist’s definition: An optimist is a pessimist with no real-world work experience :wink:

The pessimists would take umbrage with the moniker you’ve assigned them, preferring the term “realists.”

But the great advantage of being a pessimist is that you only ever get good surprises, when things don’t go as badly wrong as you expected :wink:

LOL :laughing:

yes, this will be lovely.

(side note. it’s so ridiculous that i own double copies of the same Waves plugins to use on two different computers. waves.com even notifies me i already own the plugin when buying it. they’ve made some pretty good stuff but it’s simply not possible how they have their setup anymore)

I’m another one who would love a way to use two computers without having to wear their USB ports each time (…and dealing with the MacBook’s plethora of adapters).

While I still wonder why the unique ID code included in each computer can’t be used as a protection key, I really hope there would be a way to have a second license at the price of an extension, and not a totally new purchase.

Or, allowing the soft eLicenser to work on two computers.

Paolo