Two questions about playback in the Score Editor.

Hello-

I have two question for anyone who can help:

1. Is it possible to start or set the playback at the mouse position in the score editor?

(If not, is it possible to move the transport playback location to a specific location by perhaps clicking on a note?)

1. Is it possible to playback just a set of selected notes in the score editor?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hello Babak,

1. Since there is no timeline in the score editor page, I guess you need to use the transport panel or your key commands to navigate. Unless Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦

2. Yes. Select your notes, push the solo button (second one on the top left), navigate to you desired position, and play.

Good luck.

Shift+Alt click at any position in the Score, puts the Play Cursor at that position (then of course play resumes from there :wink: )

1. Is it possible to playback just a set of selected notes in the score editor?

Select the desired notes, then Transport Menu>ā€œPlay Selection Rangeā€.

My system lets me click anywhere on a blank bit of the score and the playback cursor jumps straight to thereā€¦ Perhaps this is because I have the ā€˜click on empty space locates play cursorā€™ preference set?

You could use the L key to locate to the left of the selection, so you could select some notes, press L and the Space or Enter to play. But that wonā€™t necessarily play only the selected notes, itā€™ll play all unmuted notes starting from the selection.

Mike.

GargoyleStudio, I only recently moved to 7.5 from SX3 (yes), and am slowly finding my way around the new neighbourhood. In SX3, I too used to move the Score Editor cursor by simply clicking on an empty space, but I canā€™t find that as an option in File-Preferences-Score-Editing. Where are you able to find the ā€œclick on empty space locates play cursorā€ in the preferences?
Thanks, in advance, for such helpful info!