Two Questions on Orchestral Tools and NotePerformer

Rob, my aim was precisely to emphasize why I think it would be great to have an AI system like NotePerformer’s working with Vienna Symphonic Library, Spitfire Audio, Orchestral Tools, and the like. Not, like some people, to entertain vacuous and unwarranted snipes at branded products and other individuals.

Then you should communicate with the publishers of those packages, because this isn’t really something Dorico can (or should) do.

There is no then, Derrek, my thread, my choice…

I think it’s clear Antonio wasn’t demanding Dorico do something, he was just expressing interest in a higher-quality library combined with the intelligence of NP. Hardly an odd or unreasonable thread.

But in asking for something generic, I think he was asking for the impossible considering the vastly different structures of the various libraries. Basing routines on MIDI or XML have the advantage of widely adopted (if not fully adopted) standards. The various sound library companies have not progressed this far, which was my point.

Again, Derrek, your point has already been adressed and answered. Rehashing it again and gain doesn’t change or add anything. Besides, I’m sure it’s quite clear to anyone reading this thread that I didn’t ask anyone for anything (other than to jam ideas and exchange arguments — and no, this doesn’t include looping on a moot point.)

Hello colleagues,
Well, at Steinberg they also develop virtual instruments and sample players… Iconica Orchestral Library was created in cooperation
with Orchestral Tools.
I’m sure that the team behind the VSTs like Halion, Groove Agent… etc. could think about Artificial Intelligence engine which could work with
Iconica Orchestral Library, The Grand, Raven… etc. Probably they even could produce the best AI engine…
NotePerformer 3.3 is nice, but uses very low quality samples, but fits the basic needs for notation.

Greetings :slight_smile:

We’re waiting for the green light from the Team to use those tools — they’ve been very honest, saying that it’s not there yet.

Thurisaz, I actually think that is the most predictable future, every major player in the industry producing their own, inbound AI systems…

Marc, there seems to be no tools waiting to be greenlit on this thread, this is all about counterfactual AI systems… I wonder if you meant to publish on some other thread.

I think I’ve worn knit sweaters with fewer wires crossed than this thread, guys.

LSalgueiro, of course there are always those that have a hard time dealing with diverse viewpoints and reasoned arguments, that’s nothing new… The web has even awarded them with a snappy pet name, trolls.