TXL -timecode plugin does not work with Dorico 5

Dorico 5 crashes when I add TXL -timecode plugin and press play

Dorico 4 works as usual with a similar setup.

Here is a diagnostics report that hopefully has something about these crashes:

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.3 MB)

The crash is in the TXL Timecode plug-in itself. I expect @Ulf will have some thoughts on this as well, but my advice would be to contact the support team at TXL and provide them with these crash reports, so they can take a look and see what might be going on.

Thank you!

I sent a message to the developers of TXL -timecode plugin, and shared a link to this discussion. Hopefully they can figure out what the problem might be.

I personally use this tool very often, so I have to continue with Dorico 4 until the crashing issue is resolved.

There are 6 crash files. 2 are within the TXL plug-in and the other 4 are same to JazzMarc et al.

Thanks, Ulf – so some of the problems are on our side too. Sampo, for your reference, the problem Ulf is referring to is discussed here:

1 Like

I installed the new version 5.0.10 - now TXL timecode plug-in works again!

Thank you for fixing it!

I was too fast to celebrate:

In Dorico 5, TXL -timecode plugin works only when Noteperformer is NOT present.
If I add both noteperformer 4 and TXL -timecode plugin, Dorico 5 crashes when I press play.

Please post a diagnostics report. We are interested in the crash files and would like to see them.
Thanks

Here is a diagnostics report:

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (380.0 KB)

steps to reprodce:

1. create new piece with solo piano

2. apply notepreformer playback template

3. add TXL -timecode in one of the VST slots

4. activate one MIDI port in TXL -timecode

5. press play

Dorico 5 crashes with this, but Dorico 4 will not.

1 Like

Thanks for the data. Actually it is the audio engine that is crashing, not Dorico.
Dorico just appears dead because it is not responsive any more, because it waits for an answer from the audio engine (and that does not come because the audio engine crashed)
The contained audio engine crash file shows, that it goes down because of a known issue in the MIDI area of the program. For that bug we have already a fix, but no public release, yet. We will try to get it out of the door as soon as possible.

8 Likes

Hi, is this fix already live? I’ve just bought Dorico specifically to be able to use this VST3 plugin (which Finale isn’t able to do) to sync my notation software (running NotePerformer engines) with Reaper, but Dorico seems extremely unstable. When I first try to load it, it always hangs, citing an audio engine problem (not an issue for any other music software I use). After force quitting, I can get it to load, but then it hangs as soon as I load up TXL Timecode. Eventually it becomes responsive again, but I can’t access the TXL plugin. When I click the ‘e’ button to show the plugin, Dorico then becomes permanently unresponsive. If there is a beta patch I can access which would solve this I’d be very grateful!

Hi @JoshWiniberg, welcome to the forum.

Do you have the latest Dorico 5.1.10?
And please do in Dorico from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here.
Maybe we’ve not completely fixed the issue, we need to find out, therefore please send the diagnostics. Thanks

It’s working for me.

Windows 11
Dorico 5.1.10.2081
TXL20 2.0.2
Cubase 13.0.21 Build 181

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for slow reply. Just to give an update, I managed to get it working by changing my audio engine. There was still a further weird issue with the plugin window not coming to the front, when clicked, so I couldn’t see it at all, but I could make it visible by moving the main window to the second screen and accessing the plugin window behind it. Thanks.