UAD-2 Plug-ins removing from memory without unloading it

I’m using Cubase 11 and I have one UAD-2 Octo card. I was doing a rather larger mix and needed to remove some plug-ins so I can freeze the track, There is a bypass all inserts key command but that doesn’t free up the memory on the card. If I turn off the plugin it is still in memory. I can freeze the track and that works and removes the plug-in from memory on the frozen track, however I want to make sure that the track I am freezing has the plug-in being used used.

Is there anyway to remove a UAD-2 plug-in from memory without removing the plug-in from the track? Below is the error message I get when I freeze the track.

I actually found a way that works. Just disable the track and that removes the plug-in from memory on the UAD-2 card so I know for sure the track I am freezing has all of the plug-ins activated. There is a setting for AU files but not for VST. Disabling the track doesn’t make the freeze go any faster.

Anyway, I think this is good information to know and hope that it helps someone with the same issue.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.36.07 PM

1 Like