I have a new DAW with Win7 64bit. However I installed Cubase 6 in 32 bit version as I have too many plugins still running as 32 bit.
I want to buy a UAD-2 Solo. I read on their homepage that drivers for 64 bit OS have been released, but what about the host SW being 32 bit? Will the UAD plugins work?
here are my specs:
• Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68 UD5 B3
• CPU: i7-2600 sandybridge
• RAM: Apacer DDR3, 8 GB, 1600 MHz, PC12800, 240Pin, CL9, (2x4GB), Dual Channel
• OS & Application Disk: Corsair SSD 2.5", 60Gb, SATA3, 550 Mb/s
• Project Disk: Western Digital 3.5”, 500 Gb, SATA3, 7200 Rpm, 32 Mb
• Optical drive: DVD±RW 24/24/12/8/6, Sata, Black, Bulk
• Video Card: Gigabyte HD6750, 1024 Mb GDDR5, 2x DVI/1xVGA
• MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Thanks in advance for your input.
Have a nice day & greetings from Switzerland.