UAD 64 bit

W H A T ? ? ?

What WHAT?

Yes, quite a big project… a full multiinstrumental pagan metal album with shitloads of orchestral composing (done external in 64bit) and interludes between the songs, well, only 5 songs though, but 20min per song…

Split it…

:astonished:

noooo, splitting is lame :wink:)

In fact, I like it that way :slight_smile:

I am sure it will work…

Jedem das sein…lol…
To each his own…

Big K

I need quick help.

Because I needed to go 64bit - I did it.

BIG Problems:

jBridged Waves plugins are loading in factory reset mode - so when opening the regarding project the mix is nearly reseted because of the fact that all jBridged Waves plugins are flat.

UAD seems to work, but I have problems loading bigger projects - loading freezes at a certain point, I removed the plugins at that channel in 32bit, loaded in 64bit - everything fine - trying to load the settings for that channel - freeze!

Fredo - did the Waves plugins open with their settings? Which version of jBridge? 1.4 over here…

Brandy

Damn… it does not work!

It seems that there is some kind of a “maximum” regarding UAD plugins via the internal bitbridge.

When I open a project which contains more than that maximum Nuendo will freeze. I removed all UAD plugins starting above the track where Nuendo freezes - and it opened fine! Everything works.

But when I load another UAD plugin then everything freezed. I tried it quite often.

What to do??!

I would say the amount of UAD plugins is somewhere around 30 or 40 - I did not count.

Regarding the Waves-Problem:

It is still not possible to open the project with the plugin settings. Everything is flat / reset. I emailed with JF from jBridge and he confirmed that there is a problem:

This is unfortunately a know problem. It seems that Cubase considers bridged plugins “different” from the original ones.

If it doesn’t work even without the .64. extension, the only way is to re-save the settings on 64bit, I’m afraid. I am still investigating why this happens but I suspect that it may depend of the way Cubase handles bridged plugins mostly.

Fredo - how did you manage it to just open that big project in 64bit Nuendo?

It is not possible here - because of the UAD freeze and the lost Waves settings. It is out of discussion to start all over again using only 64bit plugins… because 80% of the mix is done with UAD and Waves.

Thanks for any help!

Brandy

So I fixed it! Currently mixing that monster project since 8 days, status 80% done - never had such a rocksolid and powerfull setup! There were some issues which I was able to solve, thanks to Fredo for helping me - and thanks to jBridge, awesome application, 15 bucks and that dude answers his mails after 15 min, I had quite a nice communication with him.

Though Waves plugins will not open with the “old” 32 bit settings, you have to safe to file one by one plugin first, then opening in 64 bit, loading one by one. This is not perfect, but those 20 min of work was worth it in the end, and this was really the only issue I had - after I sorted out some others…

Check this: