UAD MIDI-Based Live Automation

Hi,

I want to be able to automate my UAD Moog Filter plugin. I submitted a case to UAD support and they said they do not support MIDI control of their plugs. However, I can click on Read/Write in my UAD Moog plugin, hit record and move the knobs with my mouse… and it records the automation.

I want to be able to assign knobs / sliders from my M-Audio MIDI Keyboard to the UAD Moog’s knobs and record the automation as I play it live. Same way I do with any other VST plugin … Click MIDI Learn, move the knob, done.

I have 3 questions:

1. Would I have to configure/assign the CC controller on my MIDI keyboard first (using M-audio’s instructed method) before I configure it in Cubase?

2. Do I have to configure anything additional in Cubase if I do #1 above ??

3. How can I figure out what CC # it is?

ex: I just automated the Filter Cutoff on the Moog using the mouse and recorded it. I can see the automation curves in the Group Track/Channel where the UAD Moog is used as an Insert. But there’s no CC written there like there would be if I clicked in a MIDI Editor after doing this same thing to a VST instrument where it was being controlled by a MIDI Channel

Hope this isn’t too confusing.

Thanks

Dino

Cubase 7.01 64
Windows 7 sp1 Pro 64
RME Fireface 800
Dell PC Multicore Intel i7
8GB RAM

hi,

just reposting in case anyone can help

Thanks

what you are searching for is called “quick controls” - just type it on youtube or google it - you will get decent instructions - it will work with any vst plugins i think.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That worked!!!

and it was so easy

You made my day…

:smiley:

Dino