UAD plugin voucher problem

Does anyone know how the 50 Dollar plugin voucher is redeemed when buying a UAD plugin please, I’ve looked all over the UAD site and cannot find any info on redeeming the voucher when buying a plugin and I’ve got to wait a couple of days for an answer from UAD, I’m not the best on computers but this seems crazy…

any help much appreciated and thank you…Kevin

Just enter the voucher code in one of the boxes you will see during the checkout process…

thanks for your answer but where is the voucher code?
went through the checkout and never came across any way to enter a voucher code…plenty of coupon boxes but nothing for vouchers

Ahh! i see…
Log into your account and on the right hand side you should see any vouchers assigned to your account, there will be a code number just below it iirc

Actually, thinking about it… is this a promotional voucher or a voucher that comes with a new card?

Hi, It’s a voucher that came with a new card…

Just had a look and the voucher has no number under it, there is a coupon for the free helios plugin with a number under it but the 50 dollar voucher has no number…

ok have you registered your card and set up a ‘my uaudio’ account yet?
iirc once the card is registered a coupon code will appear in your account automatically…

Yep!! set up an account…did everything I was told to do by the instructions when installing the card…like I said, there is a coupon code for a free plugin (which I’m not interested in) and there is a voucher for 50USD but no numbers with it so I can not figure out how to redeem it…trying to buy the Lexicon 224 while it’s on sale at 249USD, so |I reckon with the voucher it should be 199USD…but how to redeem the voucher? seems weird…I must be missing something but why is so difficult?

hmmm yeah is a strange one, i remember the process being pretty much painless and straight forward…
oh and if you have a coupon for the free helios grab it!!! It’s a pretty useful tool and doesn’t use a hell of a lot of dsp.

I would ask UA support to investigate i think, i’ve not used them myself but most of the guys on the UA forums seem to speak pretty highly of them generally…

cheers mate…

best customer support ever!!!

well I’m almost into my 4th day waiting for a reply…

Here’s my guess: in the other thread you mentioned you’d had an install problem that was still unresolved. You can’t authorize your card until an account has been established, and it may also be that you can’t authorize the card until the install is complete. In other words, although the hardware is detected, the incomplete status is preventing authorization. What’s this have to do with the voucher? You cannot buy UAD plug-ins without a detected, functioning card; this is why the field for claiming your voucher may not be visible. Of course, all this is just my theory :laughing:

Hi, I finally got it sorted but I’ve taken the card out of my computer, I was a little underwhelmed at the stuff in there so decided I didn’t need the UAD platform…pity it cost me some money to find out :frowning:

thanks for your reply.

Kevin

Too bad Kevin its my main go to for all things. Are you returning it, and what did you try out?

Hi Kenny, just went there mainly for the Lexicon 224 but was quite disappointed with it, I have plenty of other plugs that cover me for my needs and I’m also not really interested in emulations of old desks and stuff, I tried everything in there and could not tell the difference between one compressor or another of mine…but production is not my strong point and I reckon they are way too subtle for me, nothing in there did anything I can’t already do with I’ve got…to my ears at least and that’s all I can go by, just seems like an expensive way of getting plugs, paying at least 280Euro before you start…I’m putting it down to experience :slight_smile: I’ll probably put the card up on ebay sooner or later…cheers and best to you, Kevin