uad plugins update

not only do I get 130 demo dll’s (yes that is right at least 130!!) and all the presets (too many to count) with my uad update I also get appollo audio drivers installed on my system whether I like it or not. ($2000 for the appollo)… Just because I have a UAD pci-e with a few plugins on my card. I like the effects that I have but every update installs software that 1. I can’t afford… 2.I don’t want it … , If I want to install demos I want to be given the choice during install. Am I missing something or is everyone putting up with this. I have to rant, waiting for my email confirmation from UAD so I can rant on their forum

You can untick all the plugins you don’t want to see (or load), in Cubase Devices > ‘Plug-in Information’ panel.
I know those plugins are still in your system but they really don’t take all that much space on your hard drive.

The Apollo drivers are optional during the installation process, you don’t have to install them.

Mauri.

The Apollo drivers seem to install wether you untick the box or not…

@ traz.
As far as the “demo” DLL files go, they ain’t demos - they are the full versions. If you go to the UAD Control Panel you get the option to start the demo period of 14 days - and use this wisely, don’t start them all at once as there is way too much to process in 14 days with them all started.
As already suggested you can easily untick the ones you do not own, but in all seriousness what is the problem?

G’day, Neil,

I just did a search of my Cubase drive (OS) and the only Apollo realated things to show up are the software and hardware .pdfs

Where did you find the Apollo drivers? No biggie, just interested… :wink: .

Mauri.

Now as far as far the appollo driver. It shows up in device setup,vst audio system, asio driver drop down menu. Don’t know if a driver is installed or not. (looked, can’t find it) not that I am an expert. Looked in all the usual places nothing shows up any where else. As far as the rest yes what is the big deal. nothing I guess to most people… but given no choice whether to install all this or not would be nice. just going to get rid of the card. cheers

you do get a chance to untick the Apollo drivers at the start of the install

That’s what I did, and that is probably why there are no Apollo drivers anywhere in my computer… :wink: .

Mauri.

Hi Mauri.
They turned up as a driver option when I last updated Nuendo to 5.5.5 and set it for clean prefs - during first launch, up came a window asking me if I wanted to use ASIO Hammerfall DSP, ASIO Generic or Universal Audio Apollo ASIO. They only seem to appear in the 32-bit version though and not the 64-bit version and this is despite unticking the Apollo drivers option during installation of UAD.

Well, I’ll add in here, although it seems the wrong forum to be commenting in…

I’d prefer an option that only installs the plugins that I’ve bought so the list is easier to read. Or that unticks those I don’t own?

Then I’d wish them to change the words ‘Powered Plugins’ to UAD, and then get rid of the UAD prefix on all the plugins!!

But then I’d wish that Steinberg implemented a plugin manager so I could move them all around into better plugin folders…

Mike.

You can untick, in the Plugin information window in Cubase, the plugins you don’t want to see.

Sure it would be nice to have more control over the way the plugs are organised.

Mauri.

Y’know, a right click option in the plugin floating dialogue (or media bay?) with ‘Rename’ and ‘Hide’ would be great! And then some drag/drop functionality between the folders. That’d do it :slight_smile:

Mike.

Everything Creative - Audio Artistry - Music Production, Composing, Sound, Video & Voice and install UAD Mover.
UAD v7 gives you no installation options whatsoever - it installs 64/32 bit versions & Apollo Drivers, although you will only see the latter when you plug an Apollo in. The 32-bit versions of Nuendo still seem to “know” the Apollo drivers are there, as they are offered with clean pref launch.

As far as moving plugs around, you can do this manually - I do. I have 3 folders for VST2.x plugs, 64, 32 & 32 shared.
(32 shared is for plugs that also have 64-bit versions installed and I point 64-bit hosts at 64 & 32, and 32-bit hosts at 32 & 32 shared). VST3 are left in the usual folder (Common files/VST3) and can also be moved around within this folder, but what heading they appear under depends on what is coded into the files themselves.