UI blacking out?

Have any of you had issues with the Dorico window and UI going black and then returning to normal after running your mouse around the page (as each tool is crossed over it comes back into view)? It’s happening fairly frequently (every few minutes). Also, when this happens during playback, the audio cuts out momentarily.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I’m running v. 3.1.1021 on Mac High Sierra 10.13.5.

Thanks!

Is it entirely limited to Dorico, or might it be a system-wide problem? I’ve not seen anything of the sort. Could it be a hardware problem?

My screen every so often blacks out for a second or so and then returns, but it has nothing to do with Dorico.
Maybe it’s the Deep State. :open_mouth:

That’s what I thought too! But it’s dorico specific. Tried on multiple monitors too.

I have seen this too, even just tonight, during playback of a fairly short piece. In general, moving the mouse around, or switching modes/applications, brings everything back into view. I guessed it was a memory issue, or something to do with system or monitor sleep. I’ll try to keep an eye on it to find something reproducible. AFAICT, it’s not serious, just annoying. No crashes as yet.

mwrenn » 12 Mar 2020 19:18
Have any of you had issues with the Dorico window and UI going black and then returning to normal after running your mouse around the page (as each tool is crossed over it comes back into view)?

Yes, I have this problem, too, and would have written sooner but haven’t been using Dorico lately. I am running Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave and Dorico 3.1.1. It is a very distracting problem and I hope there is a cure!

That has happened to me when I’m connecting to an external projector when I’m teaching, but not otherwise. Using either Macbookr Pro running 10.12 or Macbook air running 10.14

Sorry to confirm - I have experienced that as well.
After Dorico comes back from sleeping, I have to hover with mouse all over Dorico’s window over various panels to bring back the UI elements; block by block.
The quickest way to deal with that is to minimize the window and bring it back - everything gets displayed.
Mac mini 2018, macOS 10.15.3, i7, 16 GB of RAM. Dorico 3.1.10
IB

Have any of you had issues with the Dorico window and UI going black and then returning to normal after running your mouse around the page (as each tool is crossed over it comes back into view)? It’s happening fairly frequently (every few minutes). Also, when this happens during playback, the audio cuts out momentarily.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I’m on v. 3.1.1021, also on Mac if that’s relevant.

Thanks! https://omegle.onl/ vshare

Yes, it occurs to me as well sometimes, once or twice a day perhaps. I haven’t discovered a pattern yet. It seems fairly superficial, as if just Dorico’s screen redraw routines have fallen asleep. There’s no crash or data loss. Switching modes restores the screen. Would it help to make a Diagnostic Report?

I’ve merged this topic with an existing one. So far we’ve been unable to reproduce this problem ourselves, but I wonder whether there could be any commonality between the graphics hardware in these affected computers? Perhaps those of you who occasionally experience this could let us know what kind of video hardware you have in your Macs?

These are my video specs (including some Dutch labels):

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX:

Chipsetmodel: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Breedte PCIe-baan: x16
VRAM (totaal): 1 GB
Fabrikant: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Apparaatcode: 0x11a2
Revisiecode: 0x00a2
ROM-revisie: 3707
Metal: Ondersteund, functieset macOS GPUFamily1 v4
Beeldschermen:
iMac:
Beeldschermtype: LCD
Resolutie: 2560 x 1440 (QHD/WQHD - Wide Quad High Definition)
Ziet eruit als: 2560 x 1440
Diepte framebuffer: 24-bits kleur (ARGB8888)
Hoofdbeeldscherm: Ja
Synchrone weergave: Uit
Online: Ja
Rotatie: Ondersteund
Pas helderheid automatisch aan: Nee
Verbindingstype: DisplayPort

Here are mine, although I’m now not certain if I only experienced this when using an external display when I was teaching. It’s been three months since I’ve been in a classroom, and it hasn’t happened to me at home in that time. Just in case, I’m including both the built-in and the external specs.

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 1.9.23
Metal: Supported

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M: