UI Issue with track images

Nuendo provides predefined track images. Some are white. When you select a track the background of the track becomes near-white. This obscures the track image which interferes with “scannability”.

Contrast:
Types of Contrast in User Interface Design.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 121345

This is configurable.

Not sure what you mean? I know you can select a built in track icon. That’s the configuring I did here.

You can change the color for the selected track…

Would you be able to point me in the direction of where the color for selected tracks can change? I’ve definitely looked.

In other words, when I select a track, the default color is a near white, bright, gray. I do not see an option to change that.

I’m assuming the “Selected Channel Brightness” is the feature that changes the brightness of the “white” color for selected tracks. It doesn’t seem to work on my end but maybe that’s a bug. It still appears as “white” when selected. I’ll assume it’s a bug.
Screenshot 2022-04-17 081004

That Preference only affects the appearance of the Mix Console.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

You’re welcome! … This is not to say that such behavior makes much sense, however … :sunglasses:

Yes. I have another thread in which I address the topics of things that don’t make sense. I am doing a redesign with analysis -

I have seen it. I just wouldn’t put too much hope in it. There are quite a few unresolved UI issues (not just graphical ones) that have been reported over the last decade(s), but we rarely see any intention to revise them.

1 Like

Fair enough. I suspect the reason is partly due to a lack of imagination the part of the users. They don’t know that improved usability would impact them positively. Also, I’m partly doing this for the sake of research.