UK AC adapter not supplied with UR44

I recently purchased a UR44 in the UK from a UK supplier. The unit came with only a European (two prong) AC adpater in the box. The supplier has offered to send and European to UK adapter, but I am extremely disappointed that a UK-specific adapter is not supplied and the “sturdy AC adapter that guarantees a stable electrical supply” mentioned in the UR44 product information appears to be a DIY solution using a plug adapter which, in my experience, does not offer a sturdy connection.

Is there a UK-specific adapter for the UR44 and, if so, how do I go about getting one?

My UR44 has is of the standard UK 3 pin variety, see below.
Personally I don’t see an adapter as an acceptable solution as your product should come with the correct ac adapter.

Cheers

Stevo… :slight_smile:

Thank you for confirming that a UK-specific adapter does exist. That is a big help. Now I just need to get my hands on one!

Out of interest, what is the supplier/company name from whom you bought your UR44?
Would be interesting to know if you get it resolved as well, so please post back later.

Cheers

Stevo… :slight_smile:

Hi bestbeforetoday,

I’m sorry to hear that you have troubles with the UR44 that you have recently bought.

The UR44 is available in Europe in two versions:
One is the EU version, coming with an European power supply adaptor.
The other version is the UK version coming with an UK power supply adaptor.

If you take a look on the box where the serial number is printed you will find an “E” right above the serial number if your unit is a EU unit. If it is a UK unit there should be a B.

It seems to be the case that your supplier has send you a EU unit instead of a UK unit. Please get in contact with your supplier and ask him why you have received an EU unit instead of an UK unit.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

@stevo1080 The supplier was DV247.

@Stefan Schreiber Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply. The serial number label does indeed have an E rather than a B, so I have received the EU rather than the UK version. I have contacted the supplier and asked them to send the correct power adapter.

I will post back once it is resolved (or not!).

After a very long wait, today I finally received a UK power adapter by the retailer. Unfortunately the replacement power adapter is not the correct one. Rather than 12V and 1.5A output, the replacement is just 11.5V and 0.8A output. So still not resolved. :frowning:

Just for reference here are a couple of pictures of the wrong adapter.

Could you send me your address via PM? I’ll send a correct PSU asap from here then.
Sorry for this!

Wow, great service from the retailer there…
Well done Ed for sorting it though :slight_smile:

Hi everyone

I wanna buy an UR44 in “US version with US power supply” as is mentioned in the order page. As we see in the stevo1080’s picture the UR44 unit contains an adapter with a 100-240V range.

Is this adapter usable in a country with 230V/50Hz with a simple adapter plug (like type A or B to type C)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Yes, a simple adapter should be okay.

hi, I have the same issue and have not received the correct PSUV
incidentally this is from the same supplier (DV247)
how can i get hold of the correct 3 pin UK plug power supply?

Please contact DV247 on this. The need to supply the correct version if the product was advertised as the UK version.