Ukko Nooa / Gubben Noak / Old Man Noah -version

Original idea was to make prog version of this simple tune. Ended up doing actually two different versions of which neither turned out to be prog rock tunes :wink: This is the latter one I recorded today.

Ukko Nooa / Gubben Noak / Old Man Noah -version

To me it was jazzy. Really liked it. Great guitar sounds. Wanted it to be a lot longer.

1 Like

Pretty cool! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Scab and Leon, thanks for taking the time to listen to my tune. This one took clearly a jazzy kind of turn. If the tune would be any longer, I think it would become obvious that I am not (at least yet - if ever) a jazz guitarist.

The whole tune was recorded and produced in the box. For the guitar I am using Bias amp 2 plugin (Fender Super Sonic amp model). The theme and solo parts I played using my ESP Telecaster, where the previous owner has fitted a third mic in the middle (a Seymour Duncan humbucker which can be split to single coil operation). This guitar was fairly inexpensive to buy when I got it but has turned out to be a really versatile instrument. Worth every penny I paid for it (ESP Tele).

The rhythm parts and the intro flageolet chord I played on Fender Telecaster. For the flageolet part I couldn’t have used the ESP as it is quite noisy (here the Fender noiseless mics helped a lot).

The bass tone is from Guitar Rig 6 and the drums are Superior Drummer 3.

Recorded in Logic Pro X and mastered in Wavelab/Finalizer.

Jazzy or not, it’s a success. Nice arrangement. The sound of the guitar is exciting, the guitar playing is superbly executed. We want a little more of this kind of thing, especially when it’s done well.

1 Like

Thanks Rene! It was a bit more than a year ago when I took notice of my own playing: I only played on and off and never really practised but just played a bit of something once in a while. I then listened to my playing and thought that it is sloppy and undefined. My playing technique had been better in my youth. For starters I began working on two tracks: the solo from Kid Charlemagne and the other one was Django by Jukka Tolonen. I had to slow down the tunes considerably to be able to keep up with the playing. Practised them bit by bit. Django is still something to cope with.

A very cool piece…very cool!!

1 Like