Ultimatum No. 01

Steinberg good luck. You do not hear me, you do not have support, you do not care about the opinions of users. No more purchases. Until you turn your face to us. This is a general action, who agrees to join and copy it. We do not need such a relationship from the Steinberg more.
In the end you will have old users, they are not few, but you lose 50% of the market no longer tomorrow and today, goodbye

Steinberg good luck. You do hear me, you do have support, you do care about the opinions of users. Can’t wait to make more purchases. Thanks for turning your face to us (these forums, all of the surveys, YouTube, the Google Hangouts). This is a general action, who agrees to join and copy it. We need to show appreciation for Steinberg more.
In the end you will have longtime happy users,
goodbye

Steinberg good luck. You do not hear me, you do not have support, you do not care about the opinions of users. No more purchases. Until you turn your face to us. This is a general action, who agrees to join and copy it. We do not need such a relationship from the Steinberg more.
In the end you will have old users, they are not few, but you lose 50% of the market no longer tomorrow and today, goodbye

WTF??

Yes. Looks like it’s quite trendy to protest against something these days. Mostly it’s just a pose, but… If it makes them feel better, or “right”, whatever. I didn’t get response from Steinberg concerning my issues too, but hey, I’m not the center of the universe to expect everyone bow to my will and thankfully I am able to realize that. :smiley:

Well I was protesting against the protesters - didn’t do a straight copy/paste! :laughing: :wink:

The problem with many of the protesters is that they will go off elsewhere and find that whilst they might be initially happy with their DAW of choice, there will be a different list of dissatisfaction’s igniting their ire. The sad fact is that there is no perfect piece of software. Everything is a set of compromises and to be honest it is the compromises that you can work with that matter.

Steinberg are a bit lax on the support front. However it has to be said that I have yet to have an issue that I have not solved myself or with the help of friends on this forum. Yes I have complained about Steinberg. Who hasn’t. There is a list of issues that has grown longer over the years that I am still waiting to be fixed. Funnily it has not got in the way of me writing, making and playing music. It has not stifled my creativity or caused me any great frustration. I simply can’t imagine myself using the ergonomic GUI nightmare that is ProTools or be forced into the illogical arms of Logic.To be frank I know Cubase too well and would rather make music than volunteer myself for a drastic learning curve, only to find that functions I need do not exist in the new DAW.

Better the Devil you know as they say.

Ultimatum No 1?

Err, can there be more than one?

If I may paraphrase Monty Python…amongst our ultimatum’s are such diverse elements as…

So what’s the problem (with the software)?

I’ve been critical of Steinbergs inability to fix certain things in a reasonable timely manner…and I’ve been feeling pushed to Logic X because I’m a mac user and my gripes are related but I think they now know that they need to fix stuff rather than innovate.
Speaking of innovations …this is where Steinberg does listen to us. They have been great at providing the new features we request and coming up with some stellar features! Respect and thanks for those efforts and features!

-1 for “Ultimatum No. 01” :unamused:

Cubase has been working fine for me for years. Thank you Steinberg. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

More likely “what is the problem with the system.”

Sure there’s are bugs in any new release but it’s been known for some time that for early access there must be early adoption and I am for one, very thankful for the opportunity to shape the future of Cubase!

While I disagree with the OP, I think it’s amusing this thread gets moved to the lounge, yet a current thread such as “satisfied” stays in the General forum. :laughing:

But after all, it’s Steinbergs forum and they will present it however they like.

I haven’t thought about the demographics of Cubase users. But I don’t think “old users” should be a negative stigma. I would like to translate “old” into “experienced” and maybe even the dreaded “pro” label.

As the total DAW market pie expands, I very much hope one of the developers begins to specialize toward a certain DAW market segment…the professional user. As the pie expands, sooner or later a DAW developer has to stop being all things to all people, which is how I sort of perceive Cubase. I hope someone would focus on a smaller but specific loyal every-day user market. I do see some Cubase improvements such as mix history and importing/exporting functions that would indicate a “pro” direction but it’s dreadfully slow. IMO the cause is because Cubase, and all other DAW’s rely on the prosumer market to survive.

I think there is an increasing untapped potential for a user-customizable pro DAW through better 3rd party liscensing/cooperation and supported by every-day users. Problem is, the potential market is still too small I think.

This is my perception of what exists currently:
Ableton: non-linear, loop based, younger demographic.
DP: a lot like Cubase but for whatever reasons is often overlooked.
Cubase: Midi. Linear. Old code. Most feature-rich/flexible. #1 for Orchestral composition.
Studio 1: Welcoming Cubase re-jects and out to someday conquer Cubase, but has years to go.
Logic: If you got the dongle, you might as well use it?
PT: Still industry leader for tracking/mixing in the USA. But for a total production environment…no.
Reaper: Great user developer communication/support. Very customizable.
Sonar: Going out of business unless it’s sold again soon.

I wonder which one the OP will choose and be happy with? At the end of the day you just have to pick one, really learn it “just do it” and don’t look back.

greggybud, the difference between the two threads is obvious and your assertion that it reveals a bias on SB’s part is specious. A thread opened like this one was can only follow the course it has taken–commentary and rebuttal regarding the opening volley, and now with your contribution, a “witty” comparison between various daws.

And DP is nothing like Cubase. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Our chief weapons are…

:laughing:

This forum has been a great source of support from both Steinberg and their huge user base. Sure, its not perfect, just like the software. Nobody’s forcing anyone to use the product.

Make music. Be happy. Some folks are dodging bullets and IED’s :open_mouth:

or they are substience farming

+1

Go bitc h in the Pro Tools forum and make some noise there like a 5 year old…if it makes you feel better.