Unable to Activate Cubase 9 Upgrade from Cubase 6

Hi,

Just want to start by saying I’ve never had a good experience with Cubase/Steinberg… It really annoys me that in Australia we get little to no assistance.

I purchased Cubase 6 whilst I was in military and wasn’t able to use it for a year after due to being overseas. Since then I experienced countless issues and was told that the software was not supported so if I wanted any support I would need to upgrade.

Today I purchased the Upgrade to Cubase 9 from Cubase 6 - “Cubase Artist 9 Update from Cubase Artist 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 7.5”.

Now it tells me that I do not hold a valid licence in which to upgrade. And yes before anyone asks - It can see my eLicencers which shows a valid Cubase 6 licence… It displays the following prompt: “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade licence. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable licence, to your computer”

If anyone can assist that would be really appreciated - however I am not holding my breath.

-Mitch