Unable to Adjust Layout (SOLVED).

No need to redo it! See update above…

The reason mine looked different is that I had deleted the layout and re-created it, which made it worse until I found the rehearsal mark…

You’re a genius!!

That did it :slight_smile:. Thanks so much for your help!!

It would be great to see the original MusicXML file that gave rise to the faulty rehearsal mark. Could you please zip it up and attach it here, or email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de?

Apologies for the delay, Daniel. I worked on charts, and learning Dorico in the process, all night last night (went to bed at 8:00 a.m. 0_0).

Below, I’ve included the link to a folder containing the 3 XML files I was working on. Basically, I created a project template (from a previous project) where I had everything set how I wanted it in Dorico, and then I imported those 3 XML files as separate flows into that template. I don’t know if there was a mismatch in how I had the template set, but I can say that I did not change the default XML settings in either Finale nor Dorico. Here’s the link:

Hopefully you can figure out what went wrong. Enjoy!! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can’t see anything untoward in the MusicXML files, so this remains a mystery.

Daniel,

It could’ve been how I set thing in the project, or perhaps a setting that I changed while I was working on the chart. Who knows? There’s just so many variables, especially with a software as complex as Dorico. Thanks for looking at this though. I really appreciate it!!