Unable to export LRC or 5.1 surround sound to single file

I’m working on a project in which I need to replace audio in a video. I would like to replace the audio in the video with either a single LRC (left, right, and center channel) or 5.1 surround sound audio file. I’m using Cubase Pro 8. I’ve set up my tracks and routed my mono signals each to the appropriate output (LRC left, LRC right, LRC center). However, when I go to export my mix all I get is a file with a left and right channel. In Cubase, my only options for audio output engines are Mono, Split, and L/R. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Hi

Sounds like you only have a stereo output buss? What happens if you create a full 5.1 output buss, route your signals to that (even if you ignore the rears) and go to the export - you should see the split channels check box, which will give you LR, Centre, Rears and LFE

nope. still doesn’t work. I set up only one 5.1 surround output bus. no other busses exist in the project. For some reason when I export all I get is a stereo signal even though I’ve selected the 5.1 output in the channel selection menu. Cubase is not giving me an option to choose 5.1 as an output audio engine. The result of the export has to be a single file with 3-5 different channels of audio. I just don’ get it. I can get each channel to play correctly in the Cubase project itself (to each speaker). It just won’t export. Thanks for your efforts bsoord. If you have any other suggestions I will certainly try them.

Still on 7.5 here, but when I experience these problems, it always tends to be forgetting to select the correct checkbox in the export window. doh! And don’t forget to make sure to select the correct bus too! (see the bus list on the left-hand side of the window).