Unable to get any response from the support

Hello!
Maybe I’m doing something wrong so please direct me to the right place in the “knowledge base” or so.
I had to restore my system (Win10) and the restore point was before I activated my Cubase Elements 10 license.
And now I’m stuck in the situation where I can neither “re-activate” the license, because it is the same system, nor activate it.
I tried to contact the Steinberg support. No reply in 2 weeks. So I’ve created 2 more tickets with the same question. Someone closed my recent tickets, left the original ticket opened, and yet… no response.
Maybe I’m new, but is it a normal behavior here at Steinberg? Like not to have any feedback in 14 days?

They have a 1/2 off sale going on, I imagine this generates many support requests, so it’s possible that they prioritize tickets based on whether something can be found quickly using simple search terms.

In this case a quick google search for “reactivate cubase” displays the needed link in the first result.

No it doesn’t.
That link assumes that the license is either being moved to another machine or the operating system was reinstalled. Neither is my case, because I restored the OS from a backup. I couldn’t find that scenario in the support knowledge base. And I was clear about that in my ticket.
I doubt that deactivation of a single license for a single product is a lot to do. Perhaps, as much time as reading 3 tickets and closing 2 of them.

Every time is sent support requests they replied so late that by that time I already figured out the issue on my own.

Good thing forum exists that way we can get help from other users and help others, that is if moderator doesn’t delete the post or bans you

Then you have not understood how the system works. For whatever reason, the elc detected a change that makes it deactivate the old license. You need only to request a new activation code from inside your SB account. Here’s the page: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206530004-Software-license-reactivation-requesting-new-activation-codes-

Can’t you re-use the activation code from your email again ?

No.

Have you tried “Run as Administrator” on eLicenser Control Center and then run the Maintenance procedure? This usually fixes broken soft eLicensers after a Windows 10 version upgrade and might just work in your situation.

This is incorrect except in certain specific cases. The problem here is that the elc sees a change to the system fingerprint, and the page I linked to above provides multiple methods of reactivating, including deleting and replacing the Sel container.

Understood. I doubted it would work in this scenario, believing that eLicenser likely saw the original poster’s computer as a different system after it was reimaged, but the original poster hadn’t mentioned trying this. It was a long shot - trying everything whilst waiting for support.

right, it’s a last resort to use the utility that actually deletes the Sel, but it’s a solid method, in my experience.

Then you have not understood how the system works. For whatever reason, the elc detected a change that makes it deactivate the old license. You need only to request a new activation code from inside your SB account. Here’s the page: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206530004-Software-license-reactivation-requesting-new-activation-codes-
[/quote]

Thanks everyone for help.
I tried what -steve- suggested several times. The problem in the scenario is that Reactivation process expects me to provide a new Soft-eLicenser number which I don’t have. Even if I reinstall the eLicenser it will get the same number as it had from the start. The system fingerprint hasn’t changed. I think I activated the license some time in April, and the restore point is from February. That’s why I’ve contacted support in the first place. This scenario is not described in the knowledge base. Maybe there is a way to force eLicenser to generate a new number? Like command line parameter or something?

I believe -steve- is suggesting that you use the utility from that web page that deletes the soft eLicenser completely - I think that gives you a soft eLicenser with a new number so that you can reactivate your software. However, I would wait for confirmation before proceeding with this, as deleting the soft eLicenser is irreversible.

OK, I didn’t realize there was an “other page” with the elc-installation-helper. Using that utility helped. I wonder why this functionality (deleting existing licenses) is not a part of the regular eLicenser.
Thanks again -steve- and David W!