I have trouble seamlessly switching between hearing audio from Dorico and non-Dorico audio, such as hearing YouTube audio in a browser.
Here are the observations and steps I take:
- I hear Dorico play piano sounds in notes I inputted in Dorico. However, I can’t hear YouTube audio.
- In Windows 10, I go to the Advanced tab of the Speakers Properties for my Realtek High Definition Audio. I see a section that says “Exclusive Mode.”
- I uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
- I close Dorico, having saved the piano sounds as a Dorico file. Then I open Dorico and open the same file. I do not hear any audio in Playback or when I input notes.
- I am able to hear YouTube audio.
- I recheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
- I close Dorico. I open Dorico and the file of piano sounds that I previously had . Now I cannot hear YouTube audio. However, I hear audio from Dorico.
Thank you for your help and time.