Unable to install Cubase 8 pro upgrade - Install failure

Help

I have been trying to install the version 8.0.10 Cubase 8 Pro upgrade, from version 8.0.5. The installer begins then fails with the following error messages, screen shots attached.

I did not have any upgrade issues when going from the original Cubase 8 Pro to version 8.0.5. I checked for any possible Drive or Folder permissions issues and found none. I sent a support request to Steinberg but so far no response. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance

Please, see [Solved] 8.0.10 Update Failed - Cubase - Steinberg Forums and Steinberg Forums

Fabio

Thank you for your reply. I will try the fix when I get home tonight and then post the results.

Yacoltsound

Success

I navigated to the original Steinberg install folder on the C:\ drive and manually ran the “Cubase8_64bit.msi” installer. It responded with 3 choices:

1. Install Cubase 8
  2. Repair Cubase 8
  3. Uninstall Cubase 8

I selected Repair. After the installer finished repairing whatever was broken, I re-ran the 8.0.10 update. It ran flawlessly with no errors. I then started Cubase 8 and during the startup, the loading window indicated the program was now at version 8.0.10.

Happiness has returned. Steinberg Forums

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction.

yacoltsound

Hello,

thank you for posting back, glad you’re sorted.

Best,