Unable to installl cubse 8.5

Did you right mouse click on the downloaded “Cubase_Pro_8.5_Update_Installer_win” file and select properties from the menu then select “UNBLOCK” to allow full execution to the download?

and as the other poster suggested you should also disable any running antivirus software during this install
(or change out to VIPRE Antivirus by ThreatTrack and never worry about that again)

it is the upgrade… I have 8.0.3 installed. I checked the 64 bit install.

I have full access and nothing seems to be blocked. looking at properties for the cubase8.5 pro update installer. win

Just to be absolutely sure…You’re running the installer as administrator right??

You could also try puling the installer out of the install package. Use 7zip to open the setup.exe as archive and drag the folder in it to your drive…then you can navigate to the cubase msi installers and run them directly.

I am running as admin and will try to pull it out and set in my c drive…

thank you guys for gettingn with me asap! appreciated.

I will report back asap

You don’t see the little unblock checkbox at the bottom of properties?
unblock checkbox.png

You might want to “uncheck” updating Retrologue and content (I think you can do that…my brain is in auto right now, ha) and just see if any of those are the culprits

When you say set it in your c drive…is the current installer not on your c drive??

Have seen this cause issues before though not sure why.

I cannot get the setup to run no matter what I do, but I can get the msi cubase 64 bit to install.

I actually had this happen with an update from Air Music. I was trying to update from a different drive than I had previously updated from and rejected it. So yes that COULD be part of it.

Though I installed from G: to C:.

Are you saying that Cubase 64 installed then?

No, mine does not show that.

I have cubase 8 on my c drive, yes. I downloaded the new update to the c drive.

yes, I got cubase 8.5 to install through that msi installer, but am i now missing the content?

The content is all carried over from C8 so as long as you didn’t uninstall that first you should be OK.

Do you have retrologue 2??

EDIT: You could run all the msi installs in the additional content folder to be sure

It looks like just retrologue.

I’d run the extra msi installers then…Retrologue has a very obvious 2 on it’s gui (not in the plugin list though)

none of the msi installers even say retro 2… just retrologue and retro 64 bit.

I am dling the full installer now.

none of the msi installers even say retro 2… just retrologue and retro 64 bit.

Doesn’t matter what they are called…I guarantee you they are the Retro 2 installers!

There’s always a chance that the full installer won’t run for the same reason this one wouldn’t but if it will run at least you’ll be 100% sure you have everything.