Unable to launch Dorico on iPad

I can’t seem to launch Dorico on iPad

Hi John, here are some steps to try:

1. Back up the Dorico folder in iCloud. This has a regular folder icon but has a tiny little Dorico icon within it. I believe this folder is automatically created when you install Dorico, and it’s where you can save your projects - very handy when switching to the desktop version, either on a Mac or PC with iCloud installed.

2. Delete the Dorico app completely (which could also delete the Dorico folder in iCloud, hence the reason for making a copy)

3. Go back to the App Store and re-install.

In general, it’s worth giving details of your system, eg type of iPad, OS version and Dorico version since Steinberg staff are frequent visitors to the forum and such details could help them track down more obscure behaviour.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum!

Rob

Welcome to the forum, John. In addition to Rob’s advice, before you go ahead and remove Dorico from your iPad, open the Files app, then go into On My iPad and then into the Dorico folder shown there, and make sure you back up any projects found in that area that you don’t want to lose: when you delete the Dorico app from your device, all files shown in this location will be deleted.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. The app is working now

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response. The app is working fine now after I went to open an xml file on my files

1 Like