Unable to load Cubase Pro projects, or import tracks from project

Hi, all of a sudden I can no longer load previously created Cubase projects in Cubase Pro 11 Version 11.0.41, build 448 - Built on Sep 27 2021.

Everything was fine yesterday, then today I tried to load a project i’d been previously working on, by choosing, File, Open, (Choose my project folder),(choose my project). Up until I select the actual .cpr file from the list, the OPEN button is coloured white (selectable). Once I click on any .cpr file to open, the OPEN button becomes greyed out (not selectable) and I can get no further. Strangely I am able to create a new blank project, close it and re open it.

Once I have a newly created blank project open, I also can’t import tracks from a previous project.

So basically I can’t open any of my existing songs - just create new ones…

I’m running :

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎18/‎06/‎2020
OS build 19043.1645
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you try to reinstall Cubase as administrator, please?

It seems I have an answer. I believe I’m having a problem with OneDrive on my pc. All of my local files have moved or been deleted somehow, therefore cubase doesn’t know what to do if I try to load one. The files are still in the cloud on OneDrive. Now I’ve realized this I’ve downloaded individual files and stored them on my desktop, and they will load ok from there, so nothing to do with my Cubase installation as far as I can see.

Thanks for the reply earlier.