Unable to load VST 2 version of Retrologue 2 in Cubase. Is it possible?

Path is set up correctly but is absent from plug-in manager, why isn’t it showing up?

Actually prefer preset selection in the VST 2 version when I used Retrologue in Maschine.

you need to move the vst3 version its in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins and then the vst2 will show

Not sure what you mean…

I’ve pointed the plug-in path to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins and rescanned but it doesn’t show and I’ve also moved the contents of Retrolgue 2 found in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins to my main plug-ins folder. Neither would show up the VST 2 version of Retrologue.

I even thought you meant I had to move the VST 3 version of Retrologue to the same folder as the VST 2 version (which is housed in the SynthEngine VST3 file) but that didn’t work either.

Am I missing something?

its my fault im sorry I copied the wrong folder address its C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg

you need to move the retrologue vst3 folder out of that location and start cubase and it will look like this in the instrument list

Perfect, that did it!!

Others should try it out too… choosing presets from the VST2 version is better in my opinion as sounds are categorised by type & library bypassing the mediabay format (which I personally dislike).

Thanks again!