Unable to login in Download Assistant

Did you see the link Daniel posted above for a direct download?

Yes, thank you for calling it to my attention. That would work great for downloading Dorico. What I’m most interested in downloading, however, are a couple Padshop expansions I bought as well as the new Cubase 11.

Same problem SDA keeps asking me to sign in. Therefore cannot download purchased upgrade to Cubase 11. I wonder how many recent purchasers are having this issue…some, most? PC is 16 Gb RAM, i7, 1 Tb HD.

Perhaps posting these questions on the Cubase Forums would get you a more direct answer.

Phileosophos, unfortunately as yet there are no direct download links for Cubase 11, but they are coming soon. The last information I received from my colleagues in the SDA development team was that your clock still appeared to be out of sync. Can you double-check that your computer’s clock is automatically synced to an internet time server?

John, please check that your computer’s clock is synced to an internet time server as discussed above in this thread. If that doesn’t help, please follow the other instructions earlier in the thread to produce log files that you can then zip up and send to us.

As I’ve said, my system is already set to sync time automatically. I’m attaching a picture to show that the time on my Apple watch is identical to the time on my PC. The system has the correct time, within a couple seconds error at most. I’m also including the logs I took a few minutes before the picture, which appear to have a different error.
Files.zip (99.8 KB)

I’ve passed this new information on to my colleagues in the SDA team. I’m sorry for the continued inconvenience.

Created the SDA folder suggested upthread but unable to generate logs. The eLicenser permissions generated a text file converted back to zip so it would attach to this reply. PC is Windows 10 Home OS build 19041.630. It is synced to Windows time via Settings and Control Panel.
eLicenser_ACL_20201119T0848.zip (25.5 KB)

Thanks, John, I have passed these files along too.

Me too. Please update all us poor souls locked out of our content as soon as you hear something. Cheers!

I heard back once more from my colleagues in the SDA development team. They believe that your connection, Phileosophos, is sufficiently slow that you’re experiencing a time-out (which I believe is currently set to something pretty short, e.g. 500ms) when attempting to contact the identity provider. The SDA team are planning on increasing this time-out in SDA, but this will require a new version of SDA to be deployed. I’m afraid I don’t have a date for when that will happen.

I have also requested direct download links for Cubase 11 but have yet to receive them.

First, that would be odd to say the least, seeing as I have AT&T U-Verse 50 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up with a typical latency of around 9 ms. But I will say this as a web developer: 500 ms is WAY too tight for any such web service call, especially when you’re dealing with a global market as Steinberg is. That needs to be relaxed by about an order of magnitude. The OAuth web services my day job offers have a 30s timeout on the tokens before we refuse them. That’s just crazy.

Second, I’m glad to hear they’ll be loosening it. I imagine that will fix the problem for me and a lot of others.

The SDA team have today published an update (version 1.20.1) that will hopefully resolve these problems. Run SDA and it will offer to update itself.

Hi Daniel. This is rather OT, but as I had the same problem — that solved itself today — and I could not find a forum for the SDA, I thought I could post here. The “new” SDA is localized, I don’t think it was the case before. The first field that I have is “used product” in French : “produit utiliséE”. This is a huge mistake, there’s no e at the end, I should read “Produit utilisé” or “Produits utilisés” (since I use different ones). By the way, there’s nothing under this category, which makes it twice ready for improvement :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on to the SDA team.

The SDA repair patch worked well and I was able to download the C11 update. Now to Squashify everything.

Just FYI, I can confirm that the latest updated allowed my machine here to update SDA and download my content. Thanks to you and the development team for swatting that bug. Cheers!

Great. Sorry that it took a bit of time to get to the bottom of it!

1 Like

Just make sure that u have web browser set as default in your system. This should help