unable to move markers when video timecode is offset

Hi - I just started using Dorico- is this possibly a bug? Moving markers works fine when the flow is attached to the beginning of the movie I’m scoring. But if the flow is a cue for anyplace other than the beginning of the video, and I offset the timecode in the video properties box, then trying to either drag a marker a little or use the keypad to nudge it makes it disappear (also from the marker list). Or sometimes it moves it to some distant location in the score. I can’t use the program as intended – one project with flows for a movie score with cues – if the markers won’t work properly. I would have to have a separate project for each cue, or chop up the movie itself into separate cues, which is a lot of work…

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, Alicia. Sorry you’ve been having problems. Could you please provide a sample project that shows this going wrong?

Hi. Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem. I’m trying Dorico and I love it, but working a lot in film scoring I really need this feature to work!

Welcome to the forum, Lorenzo. As with my initial reply to Alicia, if you could provide a minimal example project that reproduces the problem, together with the steps required to reproduce them, I’ll gladly take a look and see if there’s something we can do to help.

Thank you so much!
The problem is that while I have the Video offset set to 00:00:00:00 everything works fine, I can create Markers and drag them on the grid position I need.
When the Video Offset is not set to 00:00:00:00 dragging the marker makes change its Timecode and change the tempo indication to no sense bpm.
I really hope there is a solution for this!
Thank you again!
Marker Problem.dorico (385.5 KB)

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you about this, Lorenzo. I’ve been looking into it but I need to seek the advice of a colleague. I’ll come back to you again as soon as I can.