Unable to record audio channel with effects

Hey All, Would love some advice…

I have a short clip of audio on a channel, and I have added two effects to the inserts. (Reverb and very long delay) and I would like to play / record the channel along with the effects so that I have a long tail from the delay. Trouble is, when I press record, the channel plays with the effects nicely, but I press stop and nothing has been recorded.

I have record enabled, along with solo so that I can just hear this channel.

Any ideas?

Thanks
James

Hi James,

“Track Freeze” enables you to create an audio mixdown of a track, including all of its parameters.

Given your example, tapping the track freeze button in the track that houses the audio clip, will create a new track with the rendered audio underneath, that includes the inserted effects. Plus, the “Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track” option (located in Setup/Arranger) allows to keep frozen tracks, when unfreezing the original track.

Please have a look at the Project View/Tracks chapter in the Cubasis in-app help to learn more about the Track Freeze feature.

Best,
Lars

I did think to try track freeze. Let me give it a go.
Thanks.

It didn’t work.

The delay I have lasts for about 30 seconds as a tail. I can’t seem to ‘bake’ that delay into the recording.
When I freeze it, the resulting audio file on the new track is only about 5 seconds long.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to apply a delay tail to a clip in Cubasis?

Freezing the track didn’t work. I want to be able to create a whole stack of effects on a channel, and then record the result which will include all delay, reverb etc. A bit like playing one track, and recording on another.