Unable to record from Ampli-Tube

I am unable to record using the guitar amp simulator Amplitube http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube/features/.
I can record into a cubase track directly from my interface with a dry signal. I can use amplitube as a stand alone simulator but I cannot get the simulated sound into cubase. Any ideas?
Thanks!

*edited to make link work

AmpliTube runs as an audio effect insert. Does it show up as an option when you open the insert tab for the audio track?

I have attempted to use amplitube as an insert on the track channel but it doesn’t show up as an option at all. I don’t see anywhere to direct the insert choices to look for amplitube either. It must be something simple that I’m missing.
Thanks!

See if you can locate the AmpliTube3.dll file somewhere on your hard drive. If you did the default installation it will probably be in something like Steinberg/VSTPlugins. Whatever folder the .dll file is in you can add to the VST Plug-Ins paths in Cubase then quit and relaunch Cubase and it should be available as an insert.

Also, it would be easier to provide a more definite answer if you list your Cubase version, operating system, 32 or 64-Bit, etc. :wink:

Got it! Once I located the Amplitube.dll file and directed the device plugin path to it, it functioned fine after a restart of cubase. Thank you so much for your help!

You’re welcome. Glad I could help. I’ve been using AmpliTube for about a year and love it.

Remember, what you are actually recording is still the “dry” guitar signal. You can completely change the amp/effect settings after you have recorded. All kinds of fun!