Unable to remove Dorico from eLicenser Control Center

I uninstalled Dorico from my Mac (too many error messages) and I need to remove the license as I apply for a refund. I don’t see an option to uninstall the license.

You should be aware that Steinberg won’t grant refunds for any software that has already been licensed on a machine.

It’s come up here a few times since the release and that’s the official answer they’ve given every time.

“You should be aware that Steinberg won’t grant refunds for any software that has already been licensed on a machine.
It’s come up here a few times since the release and that’s the official answer they’ve given every time.”

Im sorry–thats not my take on it, though I might be wrong. Also I strongly feel people should post their problems here on this forum, for possible solutions, and also wait for the first updates, and see if their situation changes, before any thought of a refund arises.

Re: I wrote Steinberg to get a refund

Postby Daniel at Steinberg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 am

I don’t feel the response to you from my colleague is at all insulting, but I’m sorry that you are not satisfied with Dorico’s performance yet. We are working hard on an update that will address a number of performance issues, and that update will be available within a few weeks. I ask you again whether you would consider giving Dorico a second chance and allow us to continue to improve the software.

That said, we are discussing this issue internally and we will come back as soon as we can. Hopefully you can understand that simply allowing refunds for anybody who asks for them leaves the door open for unscrupulous individuals to continue using the software even after they have supposedly returned it, but I am not in any way suggesting that you are an unscrupulous individual who wants to continue using Dorico in its current state.

Re: I wrote Steinberg to get a refund

Postby Daniel at Steinberg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:27 am

Please give us a chance. There are an enormous number of threads on this forum, and speaking for myself I am currently sitting in an airport in Vienna waiting to fly back to London. I will take this issue up to our management and I will report back as soon as we have had a chance to discuss.

Re: Refund

Postby Daniel at Steinberg » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Please send us the crash logs generated by the program so that we can investigate the problems you are experiencing. If you’re on Mac, they can be found in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. Zip them up and attach them here and we’ll have a look to see what’s going on.

If you bought the product directly from Steinberg’s online shop, you can email > info@steinberg.de > to enquire about a refund, but I hope you will instead give us the chance to work through the problems you are experiencing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bob

I assume you’ve already been in touch with our support team as part of your request for a refund? If so, then they will inform you how to proceed with the removal of the license.