Unable to restore from I cloud

Hello,
I have been using cubasis and a griffin studio connect. The midi worked fine but when i tried sampling through the audio input i found that cubasis did not recognise the audio input. Following a bit of googling i found someone said that if i wiped my ipad and restored it might pick up the input. I reset and started restoring. All apps restored but cubasis just said waiting. As i had a lot of files and i was using wifi i continued restoring. 3 weeks later and cubasis still did not work. I then bailed out and tried restoring from a different backup all to no avail. I am starting to get desperate.

Anyone got any ideas? I would be gutted to lose my files am starting lose confidence in the ipad cubasis combination.
Help?

:cry:

Has anyone restored from icloud? How long did it take? Were you using wifi?
Thanks in advance

I gave up and have lost a year and a half of music writing.
Not impressed

Hi Sapro,

iCloud Drive is not supported by Cubasis so far.

Cubasis offers many ways to backup projects and files such as iTunes File Sharing, Wi-Fi, Dropbox etc.
As with regular DAW’s we strongly suggest to do file backups on a regular basis (e.g. via iTunes File Sharing).

Please refer to the In-App help of Cubasis for further information about the topic.

Best,

Lars

Hi Sapro,

Please ignore the first part of my reply above (iCloud Drive still is not supported, but you were talking about iCloud Backup).

iCloud backup is handled by Apple and there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. It might take a while to restore lots of files from a duration of a year and a half. Did you give it a try to let the device restore over night?

I’d suggest to get in touch with Apple about the issue.

Nevertheless and as mentioned above:
Make sure to backup your projects on a regular basis separately (iTunes File Sharing is a good option)!

Best,

Lars