Unable to share as ZIP-files

I use Cubasis on a One Plus 9 Pro. When I mixdown a project and try to share it I see a MIDI-, Flac- or Wav-file, and not a ZIP-file.

If I share the file to Google Disk I get a file called “Subject here” with no file extension. I can’t open this file on my PC.

Hi @Halvardsen,

Thank you for your message.

Since the mixdown file is a single file, it should not be zipped normally.
Why would you expect it to be zipped?

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

I expect it to be zipped after reading the FAQ in the help section:

“Q: How do I export a project from Cubasis?

Open the MediaBay and select the Mixdown category. Tap Create Mixdown and choose the desired format. The exported file will be placed in the mixdown category, regardless of file type.”

“Q: How do I open a Cubasis project with Cubase on my computer?

• Install the Cubasis Importer for Cubase on your computer
  • Transfer the project to your computer via your preferred sharing method.
  • The project arrives as .zip file, containing a .cpb (Cubasis Project) file and all audio files used in the project. ……….”

So my question is how to export projects to Cubase?

Is it possible to export a mixdown to Cubase?

Regards,

Halvardsen

Hi @Halvardsen,

Thanks for your message.

Projects and their associated files are automatically zipped before being transferred (or shared) normally. However this is not the case for single files, such as mixdowns.

So my question is how to export projects to Cubase?

Please try these steps:

I) On your Android device

• Go to Media/Projects
  • Select a project
  • Tap “Share”

> On Android , the default Android share dialog appears, giving you a multitude of options like Android Beam, other apps, Google Drive and more, depending on what other apps you have installed.

II) On your computer

• Download and install the Cubasis Project Importer and follow the instructions on the website to import your Cubasis project with Cubase.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks,
If I do as you say I am able to unzip the project with Zip-extractor in Google Disk, not with the unzip function in Windows Explorer. The project file must contain at least one Wav.file and I can not use signs or scandinavian letters in the file name. I am not able to download a mixedown to Cubase.

Regards,
Halvardsen

Hi @Halvardsen,

Thanks for your message.

Please give these steps a try:

• try a free unzip application a try on your Windows system
  • do not use Scandinavian letters if you plan to import Cubasis projects with Cubase

Does this help?

Best,
Lars

yes this helps,
Regards Halvardsen

tir. 20. jul. 2021 kl. 12:28 skrev LSlowak via Steinberg Forums <steinberg@discoursemail.com>:

yes this helps,
Regards Halvardsen

Glad to read this, Thanks @Halvardsen!

Stay safe and sound,
Lars