Unacceptable perfornance on mac

Let us know if that worked for you

Call steinberg support instead of emailing. You’ll get through straight away and they can trouble shoot your system by connecting into your computer with teamviewer. I’m running Catalina with pro 10.5 no issues. Though I’m on a MacBook Pro 16. Though I don’t recall having issues on the 2015 model either. Good luck

Do you really think the issue is with Catalina?

I have exactly the same problem with performance in 10.5, but I switched back to 10.0 and it works fine. I’m running a Macbook Pro 2015 with Catalina.

Someone from Steinberg should address this problem here on the forum, their silence is deafening.

One month later and nobody from Steinberg appears…

I had the same problem as described in this thread: Cubase Pro 10.5 is causing fans to go crazy with just a single audio track and no plugins loaded. I also downgraded to 10.0 because I couldn’t work with 10.5. None of the updates solved the issue. I’m running Mojave.

It took me one weekend to learn Logic Pro X on Youtube, at the same level as Cubase Pro. It’s much easier than one would think.
As for Cubase, it needs to be fixed in many ways and also needs better VST instruments, drum machine and sounds.
Cubase is the worst performing DAW on my computer. It lacks in basics like audio engine performance, electronic music and drum sounds.
I don’t think they get it. Steinberg needs restructuring or they won’t last and go broke like before. Every year there’s more competition.

They fore sure have a challenging years to come. The lagging a lot on OSX arena and OSX will be complex for a few years with both Arm and x86 platforms. Many people has working products that are important that might not be moved to arm so they wont jump on that for a long time. It’s not only about a Cubase. It is a echo system that need to transform. And there will be a lot of performance problem for all those who migrate to arm and try to run their x86 software in emulation mode. And that will drowning out the real problems. However protools, logic and all other daw’s will have the same problem. If was using cubase for my living I would do a backup plan.

I have to say that I’m on Mojave, not Catalina.

Now it’s colder and maybe there is less fan noise (because the lower temperatures) but the problem is still here!