Unannounced and smaller new features in Cubase 11

My issue is not having the Xtouch on when launching Cubase. This gave me hope I could power the Xtouch after launching, but sadly you can’t. Xtouch still needs to be on during Cubase launch. Still half a sandwich is better than none.

You don’t have to power down CB to reconnect X Touch. Just go to Studio/Studio Setup/Remote Devices/Mackie Control and click “reset”. It will snap into action. Turn X Touch on before “or” after you launch CB. :slight_smile:

MOTHERFORKING SHORTBALLS! TWO OF MY ANNUAL REQUESTS HAVE BEEN FULFILLED!
THANK YOU VERY SMART HAMBURGERS! :smiley:

1. Spacers

2. Lane Presets

OK… maybe I’ll upgrade. :smiley:

Thanks for this thread.

NOW: Where’s the thread with the NEW UNDOCUMENTED KEY COMMANDS! :slight_smile:

Isn’t Lane Presets in 10.5? and what is Spacers?

Looks like they change some key commands

change :confused: or add :exclamation: ?

Change, some of my macros stop working

:astonished: :open_mouth: :confused:

I’ve been using CC lane presets for years, is there something new about them?

In the velocity lane of the key editor, if you put your mouse pointer anywhere in the lane you can see a display of the corresponding velocity.

What is 1. Spacers?

What is 2. Lane Presets?

New tags under musical menu: Articulation, Moods, Properties
In sub category you can find 2 whole new sections for percussions and cinematic sounds. New music genres in sub styles too (EDM, College Rock etc…). Sub styles is still not very comprehensive in the electronica/dance section (still miss topical house, future bass, bass house etc…) but new additions are very welcomed from me

oh nice that was long overdue, hopefully they keep adding

YES!!! Been trying to create a macro for this but couldn’t figure it out. Wonderful feature :+1:

Thanks ! and why isn’t a golden nugget like this in the manual ? or someother FAQ for quick problem fixing. OTH, its still simpler and faster to just power cycle the unit most of the time :wink: but nice to have this option.

can someone make a video or gif (LiceCap is free) of this spacer thing in action???

Only works with seconds? Why can’t we use measures or note lenghts?

Is there a technical reason that this is not fixed yet?

You will have to ask steinberg that question. Never got them to even acknowledge the issue

In my best Borat voice, “Nice.”