Undo drops out of record

Why you’re too kind! But they did also say in that post specifically NOT to add BUG to the title. Even though in this case it is.

I don’t know why a mod hasn’t responded yet - they did with my other issue of CPU spiking (now traced to a combination of Cubase / VSL / Elicenser software / M Audio FTP driver - M Audio now investigating a fix). This is now a simply reproducible fault, and it annoys me every single time I use Cubase.

Anyway, submitted a report via MySteinberg - see if this wakes anyone up.

It’s stated a bit more precise: “May I therefore kindly ask you not to start threads like: “BUG!!!” in the title! Most of the time, a question mark is more appropriate.” Anyway, we’ll see how it turns out…

Well I’m running out of ideas - support ticket sent - forum posts bumped - bug verified by other members, but no “BUG” in the title… what’s the form now? Skywriting over Hamburg?

Bump…

Why keep bumping this? How smart can it be to try to do anything while recording? What do you expect to happen? :unamused:

Err… did you read the thread?

I don’t think OP means it drops out of recording but drops the track out of record MODE. ie: record ready button goes out.

Yes, thanks - post 8 on p1 has the definitive reproducible steps.

OP should edit his first post to reflect the steps, a lot of people around here can’t count to eight and the rest (like me) can’t be arsed. :mrgreen:

I guess the big red message wasn’t enough, eh? :slight_smile: OP amended to list the definitive conditions to invoke the bug.

Wonder how long the bumps will go on for? Sorry for everyone else getting bored, but I would like some acknowledgement on this from admin. It’s a bug confirmed by others, and simple reproducible steps. I’ve done everything asked of me - all I can do now is bump and wait for it to get noticed.

…and here’s another…

You might try altering the title to say “attention mods”.
Or PM the appropriate mod for this board.

Tried both - worth a shot - cheers.

Surely there’s a better system than this for reporting potential bugs…

The morning bump. Apologies to everyone else.

…sigh… another bump…

This is a REALLY irritating bug. For me, it’s an almost constant intrusion into the creative process. When I compose, I want to work fast. I skip from one track to another on the template, put down a line as fast as possible and move on. 50% of that time I’m trying something or making a mistake, so I undo. And depending on the mode I’m in (as per this thread), it will drop me out of record enable. Today I lost a couple of great takes this way, and seemed to spend an inordiate amount of time clicking other tracks, clicking back again, ending up with two tracks enabled etc. All because of a bug.

It’s got to the point now where the lack of any response to this thread, which as followed every rule and guideline suggested by Steinberg themselves and other forum members - has affected my view of the whole company. This thread is now 6 weeks old, and the issue has been successfully reproduced by other members. I’ve no idea why it’s being continually ignored, or what combination of words / methods I’ve yet to try to bring it to Steinberg’s attention. All I know is that my view of the company has taken a knock, and I am beginning to conclude they do not take customer feedback seriously. As a professional composer, I find this unfortunate.

Which mod did you PM?

I’m assuming that you gave the forum link to support?

Not to downplay your problem:

You sent the support ticket in early May.
The bugbase thread says that the mods check in cycles.
Maybe an end of month or first of month cycle?

Also: I may have been wrong with my title suggestion in my last post.

Try changing the title to include [Bug?] (bugbase says this is ok).

Also: I see that you’re running 6.0.5. Have you tried updating to 6.0.7 or at least 6.0.6?

Also: The way I read this thread, there are no users confirming the issue.
I see user Hippo unable to reproduce.
I see user Conman saying maybe.
However, both of these are prior to your final May 16th edit of the original post.
Neither mention their version numbers.

I am unable to test myself.

Maybe time to start a new thread?

Hippo’s reply was after my first list to reproduce the error - I subsequently amended the list to accurately reproduce the fault. I can’t believe Conman wouldn’t have said what he did without checking, that would make little sense. I PM’d Chris Beuermann, with the link.

I’ve now changed the thread title several times at user’s suggestions - there comes a point where I think it’s kinda lame to keep changing it in the hope that the right number of syllables will produce a magic response. I could update to 6.0.7, though without this bug being acknowledged in the changelog, I think it’s highly unlikely to have been fixed - I’ll probably update in the week though for completeness sake.

I notice that Chris hasn’t been on in a while.

Maybe try EdDoll. (Been on more recently)

Worth a shot - thanks.

Can reproduce behavior (Cubase 6.5).

Fresh install of Cubase 6.5, default settings.
Project window and key editor window sharing workspace.

1. “enable record on selected midi track” is checked
  2. Created 2 MIDI tracks
  3. selected track 1, track armed, MIDI recorded
  4. Key editor opened
  5. Selected track 2 (from the project window), track armed, MIDI recorded
  6. Undid recording
  7. MIDI part 2 deleted, track 2 disarmed.

Also happens when you delete (not undo) the automatically selected MIDI event.

However, when the key editor window is given focus back (via the “window” menu or just by clicking on the title bar) this does not happen (delete no longer functions as the project window does not have the focus). It also does not happen if the MIDI event is deselected. Possible workarounds?