Unmuted sound after "Open"

How do I get Dorico to play the open sound on the trumpet and trombone tracks after posting “Open” in the Performance popover?

Here is the file
Let’s Make Love.zip (846 KB)

Use the ‘open’ playing technique from the ‘Common’ category rather than the ‘Open’ one from the Brass category. I also recommend going to Engrave > Playing Techniques and finding the ‘Open (text)’ playing technique in the Common category and changing the ‘Popover text’ field to something like ‘opentext’ so that you know you will get the right one when you type it into the Shift+P popover. The problem at the moment (which is my fault, not yours, and I apologise for it) is that several playing techniques have the same popover text, so you can’t be sure of getting the right one unless you take steps to make sure they’re disambiguated. As I say, that’s my fault, and I apologise for the inconvenience.

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for the response. Yes, I have been able to get the ‘Open’ to appear properly in the parts through trial and error, but I can’t get Dorico to play the unmuted sound.

You need to make sure you use the right “open” playing technique, otherwise it won’t have the necessary effect. Please look again at my last reply: if you follow those instructions you should be all set.