Unresponsive / buggy Title Bar

Cubase 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro.
Nvidia 2080 S, driver v445.87
3 Monitors. 2 @ 1920 X 1200, 1@ 4K

When I launch Cubase, and really pretty much anytime I’m in there, the white title bar goes unresponsive. I can move it around between monitors, but its not functional. Eventually after wresling with it, I can get it to work. Its been like this since the thing was added to the application.

I am HIGHLY suspicious of the dissimilar display resolutions, and /or display DPI settings in Windows.

I’m stunned to not see other threads where people are having the same issue.

It’s been years. I’ve used Cubase since 2008, but this is so bad that I’m actually considering moving to a different DAW.

Please don’t bother with replying if you are gonna get salty and point me toward the search bar. I gave that some effort and was unsuccessful.

Surely some kind soul out there has a fix and can help.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome,

As you are using NVIDIA, try this, please:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settins.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.

Hi,

I am running Cubase 10.5 Pro on a windows 10 system with an NVIDIA 2060 Super and occasionally the title bar will not close. I have left it a long time to see if it will eventually close but it doesn’t seem to. If I kill the task, then when I launch Cubase it hangs while trying to connect to the Steinberg channel. I have to reboot to be able to launch it again.

Is this likely resolved with the “Studio” driver? If so, what do I lose from a gaming/video production point of view?

Thanks,
John

I did some research and found this: NVIDIA Studio FAQs | NVIDIA

My interpretation is you may lose day one optimizations for new games. Otherwise, it has all the same functionality but is tested against top content creation software (hopefully including Cubase) for better performance and stability.

I will give it a try.

I tried the studio drivers version 442.92 but I still got a title bar hang on the third shutdown. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I found that powering off and back on my Steinberg UR44 triggered the program to finish shutting down. I verified it is at the latest firmware. Well at least that is quicker than closing all my apps and rebooting the PC.