Unsolvable error

Hey Guys,
This is my first post over here, so hopefully it goes in the right place, and might get an answer solving my aching problem.
So here it goes:

• I’m not a pro cubase user
  • Had Cubase 5, and got a cheap lexicon alpha to record some own song demos and stuff. By this time I had windows 8, and a pc. The problem was that whenever I started a project, and added a second track the cpu meter went crazy, and I had to restart the pc. So i thought my pc is not strong enough to handle this kinda stuff (was rather old)
  • Now I finally managed to get a decent gaming laptop, with 7 cores, 8 gigs of ram, and was looking forward to using Cubase Elements 7, while having my fingers crossed. The thing is, now what i get, is that everything is fine when I plug my alpha in:
  • perfect monitoring, the alpha seems to work fine
    Starting up cubase, adding a track, starting to record something:
  • After like 2-3 minutes, the signal what I get from cubase’s monitor, just turnes into some hard buzzing.
  • Only solution is to release soundcard, swap between programs, and I’m good to go for another 2-3 mins.

This is driving me crazy.

Now I’m using windows 10, still no progress. Gonna reinstall pc again.
Do you have any tipps maybe?
Would be much appreciated

(read something about primary and secondary usb ports on laptops, which could make a difference when using an usb powered external sound card, but unsure about it.)

Thanks in advance
(Sry for being so long)

A couple of thoughts…

Make sure the USB ports (or anything on the PC) are not set to some kind of sleep mode. Check that in the “power options” area.

Make sure your USB hardware devices are plugged into the correct USB port. Meaning look at the requirement for USB 2 and USB 3 ports.

Regards :sunglasses:

Hi,

Maybe this Knowledge Base article would help you.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies, been busy with all the holiday family stuff.
Gonna check these things, and get back to you!

Thanks again for the ideas!

Regards