Update 9.5.15, coming very soon.

We’re indeed blessed with PG’s transparancy and engagement. Please don’t act like babies who get refused candy…

I have been with WL since the beginning (Version 1.62). I was an early adopter. Again I have no problems with PG. It is Steinberg and Yamaha that seem to always delay things to suit their time table. If I or one of my interns gets a restoration or mastering project done I notify the client immediately I don’'t wait for my time table. This is NOT the first time this has happened. Maybe someone at Steinberg needs to have more “transparancy and engagement”.

FWIW

Facepalm. You realize that there’s more to this stuff than just uploading a patch to a server, right?

Indeed it is not. But where most users simply wait a few days longer it’s always the same ones that need to shout out in agony - and even start pushing that it’s ‘almost the end of the month’ around the 20th… Sheesh

Maybe someone at Steinberg needs to have more “transparency and engagement”.

If we want to provide a faithful date, then we must take a long “security” margin. To make sure we are ready.
Hence, I could have said for long, that WaveLab 9.5.15 is going to be available for the 15th of january.
Instead, the choice is to struggle to have an update ready “as soon as possible”, but with a “more or less accurate date”.

I hope you can see this as a benefit for the end user that you are. I mean, you don’t know in advance the exact date, but in the same time, you get the update the sooner as possible.

Thank you! I do understand. It is just that Steinberg, not you, always seems to “hold things up” for whatever reason.

Well since you seem to know all about it could you tell me what else in involved? If PG finishes his work and gives it to Steinberg what are all the “extra steps” necessary to get it on line?

No one is shouting in agony but if I tell a mastering client their stuff will be ready on a certain date they expect it to be delivered on or before that date. If not there is a great gnashing of teeth and lots and lots of phone calls and Emails asking when it will be ready. I expect that and that is why I always build in a nice time cushion to make sure I deliver on time and on budget. Maybe in your line of work time is not important or maybe your clients are willing to just sit and wait until you “release” their materials. Again NOT complaining about PG or his time table but Steinberg is famous for always holding up releases of new products or patches. go figure. FWIW :unamused:

Why are you not forcing Steinberg instead of PG?

PG handed over the update and nobody outside of Steinberg knows what’s behind the lag of release.

You argumentation sounds more like: row back…

I also guess that Steinberg have some independent central QC which it would be better not to bypass, even if it’s little more than a sanity check.

Paul

Among other things, I suppose they would have to update the user manual with any new changes and additions, in multiple languages, for Elements and Pro.

Things like this do make you appreciate the smaller companies than can put out updates quickly without getting caught up in the red tape and bureaucratic stuff that bigger companies have to deal with. I’m sure the recent Cubase update has occupied some of Steinberg’s resources lately so now they have time to focus on WaveLab for all the non PG stuff that needs to happen before the release.

Cheers to PG for the great support on this forum though.

Tom,

I usually hold your opinion in high (er) regard than most around here - but I must admit - I am at a loss with your angularity around the arrival of this update.

Is the current version of WL unusable in some way? Or is the arrival of this update the only way you can suddenly get back to work?

Hassling Steinberg on this - is serving to separate you from the pro that I thought you were - to the “other guy” - which I will not mention.

Pros really should not care about an update (I know I don’t). Pros simply carry on and deliver.

Patience is all you can choose to have - or not have - as it were.

VP

I am having some problems with WL9. I also cannot burn CDs with WL 9 or 9.5 something is messed up and I have been spending a lot of my time and energy trying to make it work. We have a large transfer and restoration project coming in and I was hopeful that I could get the WL update done and checked out before the project arrived in house. The client needs the project done by Friday so I guess I will have to put off the upgrade until at least the weekend. FWIW and thanks for your concern.

I seem to always be under the gun to get mastering and restoration done in a very short time period and if anything goes wrong and we cannot get the project done I catch a lot of flack from my clients. I have to produce day in and day out and I guess I just got upset that Steinberg can take their good old time getting the update posted. Sorry!

Tom,

Understood completely as I face the same thing week in and week out.

The only difference is that I take a “N-1” approach to my main apps (Wavelab and Studio One) which basically states “keep the most recent “working” version AND the really mature version that came before it - installed and ready to go”. This relieves any pressure to have a working app for my clients and leaves the updates for down time to properly test.

The second rule is that I never use a new update for at least a month on an actual project. I got burned once long ago by “jumping the gun” so to speak and that is never going to happen again.

While it is fair that you feel Steinberg is leaving you hanging - but in reality - you are creating this pressure cooker by leaving your layout in a tender state for client work. Consider firming things up over there to the point where any given update is just “there” and you can get to it when you get to it.

I would not let my business ride on the fact that a new update “might” fix an issue. It may not and you will find yourself right back in the pressure cooker.

Cheers,

VP

9.5.15 is available!!!

At the time of writing this, the download URL is wrong. This should be:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_wavelab_pro_9_5.html

Update in buggy! after loading the preset of master section, the GUIs of all inserted plugins are opened up!

Philippe, is it known when the full boxed version will be available for shipment?

Thanks!

Update in buggy! after loading the preset of master section, the GUIs of all inserted plugins

When you select a Master Section preset, a dialog box opens. There you choose to show, or not, the plugins.

is it known when the full boxed version will be available for shipment?

AFAIK, there is no boxed version. Just the option to buy a CD that contains the application.
Something sure, Steinberg no longer have printed manuals.