update crash

Just updated. When I first opened Dorico I wasn’t getting any sound and when I tried opening another project it stopped working. I then tried reinstalling the update. Now I have sound, but then I tried opening other projects and it would stop working. Anyone else having this problem?

Can you provide a few more details about your system? Are you on Windows or Mac? What operating system version are you running? Have you tried following the hints in the FAQ thread to try to help people who are having crashes? Can you attach the crash logs that have been generated by the program? If there are specific projects that seem to cause the crashes, please zip them up and include them, too.

I’ve come to the conclusion that there is a problem with my laptop! (Toshiba Satellite - running Windows 10)
I tried the ASIO4all and that didn’t help.
I also have a problem with Sibelius on this machine (The Sibelius Sounds do not load. I can manually load them in and then it will play, but if I go to export to a wav file it says the sounds are not there so I can’t export.
Avid wasn’t able to help.

The update work fine on my desktop and my work laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad).
Thanks.

If you can provide us with a crash dump using the settings from Daniel’s link then we can help you get it running.

Attachment should have the last two crashes.
Today I opened one file then a second file and everything seemed to be going fine.
But it crashed on opening the next file. No one file seems to be the culprit. It has crashed on trying to open the other two files that worked fine today.
Thanks.

Windows 10
Intel Cereron CPU 1005M @1.90 GHz, 1900 MHz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors
6 GB RAM
238 GB free on the hard drive
Dorico.exe(1).7924.zip (743 KB)

Can you tell us anything about the audio hardware you have on your Windows computer?

Realtek HD Audio

I just tied using the ASIO4ALL again and it crashed opening the first file.

Thanks

In the Device list, the default is:
Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver

If that helps?!

You have the bad fortune to be experiencing a crash that we have only seen on two other computers: one of our beta testers quite regularly gets this crash, and another of our beta testers has seen it once. Now you appear to be unlucky number three, seeing it regularly. The crash is somewhere in the networking code that Dorico uses to communicate with the audio engine (even though the audio engine is running on the same computer, the communications protocol is a networked one). At the moment we really don’t have any ideas about what could be causing this problem. I will talk to my colleague Paul about it some more on Monday and we’ll see if there’s anything else he can think of that we might try. I’m really sorry that I can’t give you a more useful response at this stage.

No Problem!
Thank you very much for giving it a shot.
I do have my desktop and a work laptop that I can use, and it works just fine. :slight_smile: