Update Issue

Hello,

I recently purchased Cubase Pro 8.5 Update from Cubase Pro 8. I did not have Cubase 8 yet, I purchased the UR18 USB audio interface, but it arrived a few days after the purchase of the update. I have activated and installed Cubase LE AI Elements 8, but am unable to update to Cubase 8.5. When putting in the Activation Code in the eLicenser Control Center for the update, it says:

“Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.”

In addition, as you can probably guess, the only two eLicensers in the software are called “My Licenses” and the soft-eLicenser.

What can I do? Is Cubase Pro 8 different from Cubase LE AI Elements 8? Any help is appreciated

yes you must purchase cubase 8 pro full version. the update 8.5 is for owners of cubase 8 pro only. if you purchase the full version now you will get the full 8.5 version and a free upgrade to cubase pro v9 which is to be released soon i think

cheers

Cubase pro is the flagship product and I’m afraid it costs near 10 times the upgrade price you just paid

Cubase LE is a fairly limited feature version that comes free with hardware.
You can upgrade to Elements from LE for a similar price that you paid but to upgrade to pro will be a lot more.

If you haven’t used the activation (which you can’t have) and bought direct, Steinberg will probably refund you and you can choose something more suitable.

NB…when you look at the shop page for Cubase 8 Pro you should see a list of “upgrade froms” on the left. click the LE/AI/Elements button to see the upgrade price.