Update or Downgrade ? Cubase - Unwanted version changes

Hi,
Has anyone else had issues with version changing after taking update/upgrade offers?
Having bought Cubase Elements 8 back in 2015, I’ve recently taken advantage of offers to ‘update/upgrade’ to versions 10(.5), all of this actioned through the Steinberg site via offers marketed through email.
That process has left me with Cubase 10.5 LE! If I download 10.5 ‘FULL’, it installs as LE!
Still waiting for a response to a support ticket ( #371864). As most of my projects are not workable under LE, I’m hoping you guys might give me an idea of how to get the full Elements version without having to revert to Elements 8 and go through the whole process again.
thanks
Dave

Hi and welcome,

Cubase LE, AI and Elements are the same executable files. So if you install Cubase LE/AI/Elements, the license decides to start LE, or AI, or Elements.

Hello Martin, and thanks for this.

So that I understand correctly, does this imply that my soft e-licenser determines the version that installs?
If so I guess I need to find out why an Elements 8 license instals LE… I’m not aware that it has changed since my original purchase and registering of Elements 8.
Any further tips welcomed.
Dave

Hi,

No, you always install the only one Cubase edition, which is LE/AI/Elements. The license decides, which edition would start.

Ok. Understood.
What confuses me is that I have a soft e-license which, within the Soft E-Licenser display, shows validity for Elements 8 AND Cubase LE.
How do I get it to stop launching LE when I want Elements? I can see nothing which enables me to remove the LE license that I don’t need.
Your help is really appreciated…

Hi,

Do you have Cubase LE 8 installed or other Cubase LE version?

Hi Martin, and thanks again for following up on this…

The last thing I did was to uninstal Cubase and download a Cubase 10.5 Elements FULL for a fresh instal.

In my Apps list, it shows as ‘Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5’.

I had - 5 or 6 years ago, a version of LE installed…, but had no issues with Elements 8 when I first bought and installed it in late 2015.

I am wondering if I should go back to Elements 8 and try to update again to v.10/11, but am concerned if the issue is with my e-licenser that I will end up in the same state.

Yous suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

If you have Cubase LE license & Cubase Elements 8 and you start Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5 application, it will start Cubase LE 10.5, because you don’t have Cubase Elements 10.5 license. If you want to start Cubase Elements, (install and) start Cubase LE AI Elements 8 application, please.

If you want to use Cubase Elements 11 license (what is the current version), buy an update from Cubase Elements 8 to Cubase Elements 11, please.