Update Problems

I downloaded the 1.5 content updater which installed successfully however the program still opens in 32 bit mode and the version is still 1.0. Is there a separate 1.5 updater for the program itself besides the content updater?

Thanks!

Yes there is, 1.6 actually, check the sticky at the top of the Halion Sonic board.

Thanks Niles. Actually, I did see this but if you look at the preceding sticky, you’ll see that 1.5 was released for 64 bit Mac. Version 1.6 came out later so it would make sense that version 1.5 was a major update, not just added instruments. And, this statement is from Steiny on the download page:

Please note:
If you have already installed the HALion Sonic 1.5 content update with the previous released HALion Sonic 1.5 Plug-in update, you do not have to install the content update again!

So, if I downloaded and installed the content version 1.5 where is the plug-in version and, shouldn’t I at least see the version number change from 1 to 1.5? Sorry, I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here but I’m thinking something is missing from the 1.5 installer online. If not, I’ll gladly grab 1.6 and proceed but want to ask before updating out of sequence.

thanks…

You have to install both updates (in this order).
01.HALion Sonic 1.5 Content Update
02.HALion Sonic 1.6.0 Plug-in Update

When HALion Sonic 1.5 Content Update was released, HALion Sonic 1.5.2 Plug-in Update was released too (see version history).
After that the plug-in itself was updated separately (HALion Sonic 1.6.0 Plug-in Update) but the content was not!

When you only install the “Content Update” the plug-in will NOT be updated. Only the content.

Got it, worked as you described.

Thanks for the help Niles.

Great :sunglasses: