Update?

When should we expect to see an update to resolve the issues in Cubasis 3?

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your message.

New updates will be announced once they become available.
We will do our best to address the current issues in a future maintenance update.

Thanks
Lars

Appreciate you’ve got a lot of issues to address Lars and a small team. I do feel a bit hoodwinked with paying full price and a lot of fundamental issues. If you could release small bundles of iterative fixes it would go some way to restoring faith. I know you will get there but right now I won’t open the app without an update.

Wait forrr it…
Wait foooor it…
Lars has his finger on the mouse, He`s itching to do,that copy and paste thing that become his signature recently.

Wait for it… (I feel it coming soon)

I would think this would be considered a matter of urgency.
I was really just asking for a time frame for the update.

There’s no urgency, they’ve got your money and somehow also a load of 5 star reviews on the App Store despite the fact that it’s impossible to actually make a song in Cubasis 3.

I thought too that it would be urgent to supply us with an update. But as it stands I feel like we all purchased a broken app, and it may take months before we get an update. Really blows my mind that they released it in its current state, it is so obvious that there are many problems with it. I hate being so negative about it but I really do feel a bit jipped. But I promise I say this all because I love Steinberg and Cubase and I know Cubasis has a ton of potential, it just needs a lot of work.

Given that there’s been no update in a month since it was released it’s safe to say that this app was at least a month away from ready for release. And given that the app is completely unusable in its current state, it’s also safe to say Steinberg knew this when they released it. What I would love to know is how this was allowed out the door. Someone in another thread suggested it had been cynically rushed out for xmas, and that is honestly the only explanation I can think of.

The thing that is so mad about this is that the state of Cubasis 3 (and Cubasis 2 on iOS 13) forced me to buy and learn other iOS DAWs, I’ve since bought BeatMaker 3, NanoStudio 2, Auria Pro and AUM. Both Beatmaker and NanoStudio were very easy to pick up. It also seems that both have capabilities built in that Cubasis doesn’t, and both can be pushed a lot harder than Cubasis ever could. This fiasco has probably lost me as a future Steinberg customer, I can do everything I need to do in other DAWs and I’ve lost any faith I ever had in Steinberg to produce anything of any quality. All for the sake of conning a few people out of their Xmas money.

You have to wait, It will become after its official release by the way the previous version is also good

Hi all,

Our team is working one the maintenance update.
The update will be announced once available.

Best,
Lars

Hello,

I was just wanting to ask when this update is expected.
We are going into February now…

Hello,

I was just wanting to ask when this update is expected.
We are going into February now…

50 euro’s no problem.
Waiting for more than month and still not be able to use an Apple pencil ( which just worked fine in v2 and every other existing ios audio app) is a problem.
Crucial bugs should and can be patched quickly after release.
This is not about a basic maintenance.
This is about releasing a beta state version, and not picking up the phone after payment.

Agreed.

The app store description, under “highlights”, says “Minisampler to create your own instruments”. Perhaps consider removing it? It’s misleading at best. I fell for it…

Hi all,

As mentioned before, we are already working on the Cubasis 3.0.1 maintenance update, which will resolved several issues reported by our users. Given the extensive feature set of Cubasis, it will take some time to have the resolved issues fully tested.

Nevertheless, we will do our best to have the update ready as quickly as possible.

Best,
Lars

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

I’m having an issue with my recently bought Cubasis3 wich I have installed on a new iPad Air 2019. The track monitor buttons don’t work properly. If I’m recording an audio track and switch the monitor button on I can still hear the audio but the meters show no signal and nothing is recorded. In order to record I must leave the monitor button off.
On the same iPad I also use the old Cubasis 2 and it works perfectly, when I want to monitor my recording I switch the monitor button on and when switched off no signal is heard or recorded. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Cubasis 3 but the problem is still there. Please help, thank you, regards
Guido

Hi Guido,

Thank you for your bug report, which has been added to our bugbane and shared with the team!

Best,
Lars

Maybe in the form of a multiple choice question?

Dear Lars, would you think the update will be pushed out
a) some time in February?
b) likely in March?
c) in a few months? (as in ‘we don’t know, there’s still a ton of work’)

Hi Pitchy,

Thank you for your message.
We plan to release 3.0.1 in February.

Best,
Lars