Updated Beat Designer

Would like an updated beat designer so it could be used with regular synths vsti’s
Also allow it to automate parameters of the vsti at the bottom.
Seems a bit basic currently. Would be nice to link multiple parameters and automate inside the pattern.

I came over to Cubase from a beat oriented program which I used for years, so naturally I gravitated towards Beat Designer to knock a basic idea out quickly. I was in for a rude awakening. The time I preview the sounds through (sorry guys) the mess that is Media Bay, import them into Groove Agent, then open Beat Designer, I’ve lost the reason why I opened the program to begin with.

I’d love to see it updated. Little things like being able to adjust the tempo from beat designer instead of having to use the transport, which may or may not always be open, would be nice.

There’s nothing quick about Cubase for me, but it seems to be the most straight forward and best DAWs I’ve tried, and I’ve tried them all. Just wish they weren’t stuck in the past.

It does seem like it should be able to do more, act as a central command for all things beat. I determined that it would be much closer to that if they simply allowed you to redirect each drum to a particular track (or even MIDI channel) of its choosing.

See Proposal: Beat Designer on Group Track - Cubase - Steinberg Forums.
Sentiments in the same vein: Groove Agent & Beat Designer - Cubase - Steinberg Forums