UPDATED // Cubasis 3 Importer Information

UPDATE

Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis Project Importer 3.0 Re-Release update is available for immediate download at:

The Cubasis Project Importer 3 for macOS and Windows allows you to import projects from Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 into Cubase.

Best wishes,
Lars

—-

Dear all,

Due to a late minute problem, the pre-release of the Cubasis 3 Importer has to be postponed.
As a workaround, please use the mixdown feature to create wave and MIDI files, which can be manually imported with Cubase.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and will do our best to resolve the problems as soon as possible.

Best,
Lars

Will Cubasis 3 let us import automation in to Cubase?

Hi mbira,

As of yet, it was technically not impossible to import the automation data.
We will exchange with our Cubase developers, if things have changed.

Best,
Lars

What is this importer supposed to do?

Hi mtrigoboff,

The Cubasis 3 Project Importer will allow you to import your Cubasis 3 projects to Cubase.

Best,
Lars

Hi, will it import the VST’s and effects from the cubasis song’s, that are attached to it. It would be nice to start with a familiar layout and sound, and then commence changing things in cubase if required.

Hello @Lars, will the importer have some enhanced functionality compared to the importer for Cubasis 2?

I am thinking automation, and external auv3 plugin settings transfer if the user has the desktop vst version of the plugin. This works with internal + Waves plugins. Depending on how challenging this would be for auv3s, even transferring the information to Cubase insert slots on the name of the plugin that is missing would be helpful I think.

I can’t import a project from Cubasis3 to Cubase with an importer. Please work as soon as possible because there is a possibility of business interruption.
I am troubled because there are many tracks and the mixdown also stops on the way.
In addition, it is inconvenient if you do not open with cbp from the project share because you cannot find the track.

Hi kkk post,

Thank you for your message.
The Cubasis Project Importer is planned to be released shortly.

Best,
Lars

Shortly as in…? Any ETA you can share?

Hi Arijalmari,

The Cubasis 3 Project Importer is in testing for quite some time.
We hope we will be able to release it sometime soon.

Best,
Lars

Soon, soon, if, it’s being just talked about and isn’t the release day decided?

Hi kkk,

We hope the release of the Cubasis 3 Importer Pre-Release is just a matter of days.

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis Project Importer 3.0 Pre-Release update is available for immediate download at:

The Cubasis Project Importer 3 for macOS and Windows allows you to import projects from Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 into Cubase.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks for the re-release!

Standing by for potential progress.

Hi~~
I import projects from Cubasis 3 into Cubase, but It did not work … does anyone have the same problem??

Hi Jonathanchen,

Thank you for your message.
Do you have further details about the problem?

Best,
Lars

I have solved it~But another problem coming…one of track does not make sound…I have confirmed it that mute doesn’t work,but it sill doesn’t make sound

Hi Jonathanchen,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you’ve been able to solve the import problem.

Cubasis and Cubase are different apps, in terms of included instruments, effects etc.
In some cases, we have to leave tracks unassigned in Cubase, when there is no derivate to load.

Please provide us with more details about the original track, which is not being played in Cubase.

Best,
Lars