[UPDATED] Cubasis LE 3 Information

Dear all,

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.

We plan to add a similar IAP Transfer option to Cubasis LE 3, to allow transferring Cubasis LE 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3.
This option is not planned for the Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature Set in-app purchase.

We also plan to add a new Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP, that allows to update Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3.
Here, the app name and app icon remains to be Cubasis LE 3, as it is the case with Cubasis LE 2.

Best,
Lars

Hello Lars, does that mean that the InApp purchase of Cubasis LE 2.8 in Cubasis 3.0 (Not LE) does not currently work. I bought Cubasis 3.0 yesterday and previously had cubasis LE 2.8 including all InApp purchases and the upgrade to the full version. Unfortunately the transfer does not work for me, also with the tips from the forums (switching the device on and off and logging off the Apple account and logging in)? Do you have another idea?

So we are just screwed then if we bought Cubasis 3 after owning Cubasis 2 LE and purchasing all the upgrades? Because we had absolutely no way to know we would be wasting our money until it was too late. Also, LE 3 won’t be out until March, even tho it is the exact same thing as Cubasis 3 if you purchased all IAP? So there is now a new additional penalty for originally doing the intelligent thing and previewing Cubasis for free to see if you liked it and wanted to purchase it rather than just buying it immediately knowing nothing about it? Literally we used a free trial briefly before buying (probably a day or two for me) and we are still paying for that “mistake”. Well that’s not at all cool, but when combined with the fact that we had no warning before buying Cubasis 3 that we would be treated like 3rd class citizens and be charged more money than other customers who, due to sales and timing of purchase, had often actually paid less for their fully functional versions of Cubasis than we paid for our fully functional versions of Cubasis, this really then becomes completely unacceptable and likely across the line of what is moral, ethical, and legal. I await hopefully for somebody to please show me where I am wrong so I can get this taken care of and move on. It’s always some technical issue causing delays to production, but you just don’t and should not expect it to be over something like this—what, semantic distinctions? I know this much I can guarantee: resolution of this issue, good or bad, will be THE deciding factor for a fair number of people who like Cubasis and would be considering trying cubase to see what kind of synergistic workflow magic they could achieve going that route instead of the otherwise more obvious choices out there, and I also think that Cubasis can potentially save cubase from discontinuation in a future where iPAD OS becomes THE platform for creation, which it most certainly is poised to do. And you never know who might be amongst that crowd of LE users potentially about to become disenfranchised with the great Steinberg Company, and you never know when you might be communicating with the next revolutionary producer, just sitting back polishing his masterpieces, getting ready to pounce on an unsuspecting world. Just sayin . . .

Lars,
you guys had to have put a warning note or something. I already purchased Cubasis 3 trusting I would be able to transfer my IAPs. How do I get my money back?

Thanks

I’m totally confused… I have installed Cubasis LE and paid for the full feature set. I have also added many in-app purchases (Waves, Steinberg). What option best retains the value of my previous purchases? If I add Cubasis LE3, will it transfer my in-app purchases with the exception of the full feature set, leaving me to pay only for that? Does the order of these steps matter? ex. restore the purchases THEN buy the full feature set, or vice versa?

When i current buy a Steinberg UR-C Interface, is the access to Cubasis LE 3 included ?

Hi maximilian,

Thank you for your message.

Currently, the UR-C series interfaces can be used to unlock Cubasis LE 2 from demo mode.
Once Cubasis LE 3 becomes available, the UR-C series interfaces will work to unlock the app from demo mode in the same manner.

Best,
Lars

Lars,

Can you please clarify the situation for those of us who bought Cubasis 3 and can’t transfer our purchases from the upgraded version of LE2. That is for all intents of purposes a full version of Cubasis 2, is it not?

Cheers
Sebastian

Hi Sibben,

Cubasis LE 3 allows to transfer Cubasis LE 2 instrument and effect in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3, free of charge.
Since we’ve recieved many requests to enable this to Cubasis 3 as well, this feature will be included also.

It will not be possible to transfer the Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature Set IAP.
Instead, the app will come with a new Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP.

Cubasis LE 3 was planned to be released on Monday 30, 2020.

Currently, the app has been rejected during the app preview by Apple.
Once clarified, we will go live asap.

Please wait for our official announcement for more details.

Best wishes,
Lars

This statement is somewhat ambiguous. Does this mean Cubasis 3 owners will be able to transfer in-app purchases made in Cubasis 2 LE to Cubasis 3?

If so, When will this take effect?

Could you please clarify this?

This statement is somewhat ambiguous. Does this mean Cubasis 3 owners will be able to transfer in-app purchases made in Cubasis 2 LE to Cubasis 3?

If so, When will this take effect?

Could you please clarify this?

Cubasis LE 3 supports to freely transfer existing instrument and effect in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3 and Cubasis 3.

Cubasis LE 3 will launch on Monday, March 30, 2020.

More details to come with our announcement very soon.

Best,
Lars

Lars,

Because it became less clear for me I’ll rephrase it:

As a user I want to transfer my IAP effects and instruments from a “full feature upgraded” Cubasis LE 2 installation to a purchased full version Cubasis 3 installation.

Do we have this in the backlog? :wink:

/Sebastian

This is making my head hurt. So as stated, Cubasis LE 3 allows the transfer of purchases to Cubasis LE 3??? Why bother? It’s the same app!

OK, I think I’ll just tune in again tomorrow and see if I can find anything that makes sense in the release notes.

Hi all,

Cubasis LE 3 has been released.
For more details: Cubasis LE 3 available

Best wishes,
Lars