Updating LAME codec

I’ve been trying LAME command-line just to see what commands are available, and found the -t switch, which suppresses the LAME header and gapless info tags (delay and padding etc.) Apparently Wavelab is using this switch, so there is no LAME header or gapless info in Wavelab LAME MP3.

I’d like to ask that this please be changed because it’s making the Wavelab LAME MP3s the worst performing LAME for gapless out there. I haven’t found one other program using LAME doing this, and it’s not normal. (and I’ve checked out a lot of programs.) The default is to include the header and tags. When this is done making files with the command line program, with and without the -t flag, the gapless performance follows as expected.

LAME MP3 can be perfectly gapless with split sine waves in iTunes and Foobar and Media Monkey and probably a lot of other players if this information is not excluded, so I’d like to ask that the -t switch please not be used, because I’d like to keep using Wavelab with LAME.

The new FH gapless MP3 in Wavelab 9.5 is ok, but the only player I’ve found it to be gapless is in iTunes (I was wrong when I said it wasn’t gapless in iTunes earlier. My test files were too short, less than 10 secs. When I increased them over 10 secs, the FH gapless was fine in iTunes). But the FH gapless does not test gapless in any other players I’ve tried.