Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

@Matthias_Quellmann was able to help me, thank you very much!

@Ben_at_Steinberg Thank you very much. I have successfully updated to C12. Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

I had the exact same issue. Maintenance went through all steps, but then my cubase pro 11 license never showed anything like “grace period eligible” or whatever. You will have to contact steinberg support directly to get a code. They will look at your account and see that you activated during grace and they should juts give you a code for 12, instead of going through activation manager and everything. That’s how i ended up receiving my copy.

1 Like

okay! Great news!, so I’m hopeful! Thanks for the info! The other problem I have is that I can’t get in contact with steinberg support, because they send you to a list of resellers… :frowning: I hope someone can get in contact with me!! thanks a lot!

for me I am in US, so I did email and then also chat online with YAMAHA US support. Chat then escalated my ticket to steinberg directly and thats how i got my code. I would try as many avenues of contact as you can. I’m not sure which country you are from so not sure about different way of contact.

1 Like

Awesome - glad to hear it. I’m liking this @Matthias_Quellmann chap more and more.

3 Likes

Any news Ben ? Thank you.

Thanks u!!! I will go to try your advice!!! :yellow_heart:

I’ve just send you a PM - let me know how you get on

I probable received a education license type (I see it when trying to activate) however it’s a hard process getting this information to sit with support, I first must walk throught de default steps … (which I already did 10 times)

Hi, Ben!!
I ran into issues while updating Cubase 12! I lost my 11 (Grace Period Eligible) License!!
Step 1. I recovered my elicense and it showed Grace Period Eligible
Step 2. I suddenly recalled the Cubase 11 was reactivated on another Win PC, so the Mac I’m using is currently under a illegal license
Step 3. I re-install the eLicense Control Center and get a new eLicense number
Step 4. I reactivated the Cubase 11 on my new eLicense soft-ware number
Step 5. I tried to maintence and recover the license, nothing happens, the Grace Period Eligible was gone, forever…

My soft-elicense number : 1513175280 - FF7DCCB8EB

And the Cubase 11 was bought comfortably in the Grace Time Period…

Please guide me out of this issue! HUGE THANKS TO YOU!!!

1 Like

I have done everything correctly as you describe but have not received my activation email for C12 Pro grace period update. I put in support request #461998 7 days ago but have not received any response. Please check out if there is a blockage in your systems.

I have purchased Cubase 12 and cannot use it.
You bet i am disgruntled.
Nothing positive seems to be happening
There was nothing ignorant about the above comment . It is the truth.
I expect what i pay for to work. also get a ticket reply within 24 hours.
This program should not have been released this early.
It is all workarounds at the expense of making your computer sick and having to re-image if things go bad.or for some a complete new install.
I spent three days of time headaches after headaches and still VIDEO PLAYER stuck!!
Grace period customers seem get better treated than the Loyal customers.

Whoo hoo!! Activated at last :champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

I just sat with the Steinberg Activation Manager open since last Saturday and clicking Activate every few hours. It finally activated today.
I guess the instructions just need to say “wait about 120 hours before trying again” :grin:

1 Like

The maintenance process is completing everything but “Step 5” successfully. Screenshot attached.

Hey @bad_haircut, we can solve that issue. I will sent you a PM in a minute.

Hello! I never get yoour contact by PM… I keepping with the same problem… please, can u help me? everyone has cubase 12, but I m not… :frowning:

Ben, Matthias, hello there,
I’m running Cubase Elements 12 with no big issues so far, but I want to be able to run Cubase Elements 11. The problem is my Cubase 11 license seems to be stuck in an old elicenser (I uninstalled and reinstalled the elicenser serveral times), and every time I tried to reactivate v11 it says “There is no elicenser to reactivate”. If I register the new elicenser in My Steinberg it only adds the new elicenser number to the elicensers tab, but nothing happens with the license. I also tried running maintenance from the elicenser, as well as the recover tool, but nothing happened.
https://i.ibb.co/Q84XBJb/Clipboard02.jpg
Thanks.

I’m like - have you solved your problem?

@Ben_at_Steinberg @Matthias_Quellmann same problem here… help please… :frowning: