Upgrade Cubasis LE to Cubasis 3 on android

Dear support team,

As I am not able to use Cubasis LE on one of my android devices and I am not planing to by an apple product is there at least a way to upgrade the Cubasis LE version to Cubasise 3?
Or would I have to purchase the Cubase 3 version for the full price?
That Cubasis LE is not available for android is pretty discriminating so I hope that I can at least upgrade for a lower price than the android app purchase price of Cubasis 3.
I am looking forward to your reply

Cheers,

mpir

Hi mpir,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis for iOS is distributed through the Apple App Store, Cubasis for Android is distributed through the Google Play Store. The two stores don’t interrelate and don’t offer any crossgrade options, which means that in order to own any app on both iOS and Android, it must be purchased on both stores, unfortunately.

However, we run sales promotions from time to time, where you will be able to purchase Cubasis and the IAPs at a very low price.
Not to miss our next sales promo, I’d suggest to subscribe to the Steinberg newsletter.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your answer. I have subscribed to the newsletter as I activated my product and did the software download.
I did not purchase Cubasis for IOS, it was included in the product I bought.
There was no notification that the included Cubasis LE is just for IOS/apple products, might not be the fault of Steinberg but
I find this missleading. I hope you understand and I recommend that this should be made clear in the product description that the included
version of Cubasis LE is only for apple products.
I think I speak for a variety of people who do not have and/or do not want to use apple products.
Is there a reason behind that apple users are getting this advantage?

Cheers,

mpir

Hi mpir,

Thank you for your message.

We try our best to describe our products, to avoid confusion at the user’s end:

• The available GooglePlay app is called “Cubasis LE 3 Trial”
  • Also, the Google Play app description clearly states, what can be done with the app

In addition, the features of our available Cubasis trial versions are described on our website:

We’ve recieved many user requests for a Cubasis for Android trial version, which allows to test drive the app before making a purchase decision.

At this moment, it is technically not possible to offer Cubasis LE on Android, which can unlock a dedicated feature set via a supported hardware device.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars